CHAPTER 11 - WHY HIM?

Downtown café,

New York City.

"So, how is it going?", asked Dominic taking a sip from his latte.

It had been a whole week since she had met Dominic. One whole week since she had started her plan and so far, she had little to no progress.

"I don't know, Dom. I still don't think it's a good idea.", said Azalea, as she nipped at her Mocha Frappuccino.

"Don't think too much, Lea. It's the perfect plan. Just tell me, did anything happen?", a curious glint appeared on the Casanova's eyes.

"Not so fast, Dom", rolling her eyes the woman carried on, "Nothing special. Can't move too fast or he might get suspicious."

"True, take your time, but remember. You mustn't forget our purpose.", the male stated.

"Yea, I won't, Dad.", she replied in a sarcastic tone.

Going silent, both were consumed in their own thoughts.

'Am I doing the right thing? Is it okay to drag him into my mess?', guilt taking over her thoughts she broke the quite atmosphere between them.

"Won't it be better if we tell him about the fake date thing? And let's see what he has to say?", asked Azalea still unsure about the whole situation.

"Are you crazy? What do you think he will say 'Sure, miss no problem I am totally okay playing my employer's boyfriend.' seriously, Lea. He will obviously back off and we don't have time for that.", exclaimed Dominic not believing what he had just heard. What had happened to the girl who agreed? They'd already gone through with the plan, and yet here she was, trying to back away. No way was he going to let her do that!

"But Dom, I still don't feel good about this. What if he feels I am leading him on. Can't we just choose someone else?", she probed hoping he would change the plan.

"Why are you backing away last minute? And who else will you chose? The others in your company are either too old or married other than him and the company's security. Or is it that you want to choose the latter, not that I would mind.", Dominic spoke with a smirk and amused look on his eyes.

"Shut up Dom! Can you stop it! Just let me think.", she spoke irritated by Dominic's teasing.

"There is no time to think Lea. It's all planned and we're on it."

Seeing how determined Dominic was and there was no way out of it, Azalea agreed with great reluctance.

Azalea kept on thinking back to Dominic and her conversation earlier today. As much as she didn't want to marry Dominic, she also didn't want to go ahead with this so-called plan.

It kept her up all night, she could hardly sleep. Groaning in frustration she sat up on her bed. 'Am I doing the right thing? Just to get away from marriage I am taking the risk of putting someone else in trouble. Why shall he be pulled into this?' thought Azalea.

Although Azalea had become a hard-headed, strong woman. She never wanted anyone to go through what she had. To fall in love with someone only to realize he'd been cheating all along.

She saw the way he looked at her, the confused look when she went up to him that day, the shocked face when she told him not to work on an empty stomach or the way he smiled at her the other day.

That was the first time she saw him smile at her. The way his lips curved upwards and his eyes crinkled. The innocent look that he had. She knew by know that for one he wasn't such a person who would just fool around or yet just agree with this stupid idea.

But what else could she do? Dominic was right when he said that it should be someone from the company. It was the closest lie she could say for her parents to believe her. And there was no way to back away from this either, she had somehow convinced her mother that she liked someone other than Dominic and was seeing him.

Her mother also, only stopped mentioning the marriage because she was highly expectant of meeting the man that captured her tough daughter's heart.

She let out a sad chuckle. 'Only if you got to know mother, that this was all a play you would be greatly disappointed.' she once again thought. And not to mention he was one of her mother's favorite and most trusted employee.

She would still try her luck this time she thought. One last time, and she prayed for the odds to be by her side.

With that said she laid back down pulling the comforter over her to get some sleep before waking for work in the morning.

But sleep was far away from her eyes reach.

___

Hopefully y'all liked this chap! 

Don't forget to vote and comment!