[1] Wind

"Sucrose, I don't think this will work."

"Is it because of the ink? I can get you another one."

There, stood a Master with his student, Sucrose. His ravishing turquoise eyes didn't spare a glance to Sucrose's amber ones, gazing at the emptiness of the eyes that were left blank.

"You know what I mean." The green haired girl sighed and averted her gaze, loosing hope from what she heard.

"...I'm sorry, Master. I promise you, this is the last one."

There were still some question flying around his head, asking to himself who was the young girl on the canvas, as if this young girl was a precious one. The strokes of the brushes that blended together perfectly, its pastel colour debated with its warm tones clashed unlikely. The colour of the pink rosy lips blended with the skin colour.

"Sucrose, could you hand over the document?"

The girl nodded her head, searching through the pile of paper on her hand until she found the document both of them were after. "Here," she spoke, handing over the document to him.

"[MISSING REPORT]"一it written. "This girl has gone missing for more than six years, why is it only reported recently?"

Sucrose gave no response, her gaze fell down on the floor as if she was the reason how it all started一which in fact was, true. She was the one whom brought the case up after having it closed for years.

Albedo exhaled quietly. He turned his head on where his canvas was, staring at the incomplete painting as no one could decipher the missing pieces of the painting.

The eyes.

From the description, it was said the eyes would be the key to solve, as the eyes were the aesthete of all一the main attraction. But if the girl beside him couldn't remember the colour of the eyes, he'd be left in a void of emptiness.

They were left white and filled with the rough texture of the canvas. It had been days since he tried to recreate the image of the missing girl from Sucrose's memories, he was close to believe this said girl had fallen to her demise long ago.

"Sucrose, could you please go back to the lab? We should end it here for today."

She nodded her head obediently despite the will of objection rising in his chest, even so she left, trying her best to keep herself composed一away from concern.

His fingertips grazed over the rough surface of the canvas, letting the undried paint tainted his fingers, how the painting felt lifeless in his hand.

Soon, the wind blew right to his face. The blonde hair swayed along with the wind. As if it was a fairytale, the world became a faint colour, a fabric landed on his azure eyes一rose petals sprinkled all over him. As if the world belonged to him, and him only, the time stopped ticking.

Where did the objects come from? He wondered. As he removed the fabric, a sight of a girl ran toward him, huffing in process as if she ran a mile. Her hair swayed along with the wind. Beneath the hair that covered his sight of the girl, a veil was worn on her face, covering half of her.

She had her hand to hold her hair back. The seen through fabrics were layered with a silky fabric underneath. The eyes that showed some worries and embarrassment. "Ah一! I apologize!" She stammered, but her voice was drowned down by his own thought along with the wind.

Something about her clicked in him, his eyes gazed at hers as if he had finally found the missing pieces一he felt completed in the gaze of the... iridescent e/c irises that resembled the milky way.