[17] Accept

Wondered what might be the fleeting feeling of someone's hand brushing against one another, subtly trying to connect hands and intertwine fingers together, unrelently letting go. Having words chanted, praises sung by the bards inside one's heart as one's eyes flickered just a tiny bit towards that one person you're falling for so helplessly. Yet with the doubt strucking one's heart, whispers to you the wish of death rather than the wish of bliss, as you continue to doubt in their words, and the future you could've had.

And oh, to be confessed under the shining moon light, where the resplendent luminous light basked under his pearl skin deeply, glinted the azure eyes staring at hers with passion but not to forget with patience too. With all seriousness, what she saw was doubtful—there was no sign of a joke.

Which of course, came from a man who didn't seem to have any humor that enlightened Y/n.

"Woah. Haha! How funny. Are you saying we're going to play parental figures? If so, I'm alright." God, the air seemed to turn humid by the time passed by, invisible sweats trickling down her forehead. However, he only stood there with his eyes still not willing to leave her own, lips didn't move to speak a word, but his stares were enough to convey everything. "Oh."

There were many scenarios she dreamed of days before this, and from the early days of their first encounter—she was sure she'd been left to stay awake not because of the dreamy and aesthetic looks of him, but the fear and horror guided with anxious thoughts (and the scenarios she thought of never ended happily). However, to think it'd happen now... of all times, and in front of a sleeping child at that.

It was like a dream come true.

Or maybe this was a dream.

"Since Klee's here, sleeping, let's take this outside," she managed to usher out, grabbing his wrist and pulling him out from the quiet room in hopes to leave the sleeping child to rest at peace. Within just the small contact of her skin against his, questions came rushing—since when did she ever get this bold with him?

Was it because the night had come, and the night's darkness masked her thoughts, her intentions, and unraveled the things she'd been wanting to do?

Anyways.

As the door behind them fully closed, she let go of his hand—instead of letting go, Albedo instead grabbed her wrist, not too soft yet not too harsh, gently pulling her hand to his chest. "My apologies, Y/n."

The warmth of the gloved hands enveloping Y/n's wrist, bringing her to a sudden shock yet relieved in another second, still tainted with confusement. "Do you feel anything?" Albedo asked, eyes locked together with her own—something she'd noticed too late: he'd never let go of his gaze from the moment he dropped the sudden declaration of his love. Everything went blank, nothing but the heat and blood rushing up to her ears, averting her gaze from his as much as she tried to, leaving her wondering where did all the courage and confidence go.

"Do you.. feel my chest beating?"

Oh right. She mustn't let her thoughts get the best of her. And so, her mind settled in the hand that'd gently wrapped by the man before her, feeling nothing from his chest. Something dropped within the pit of her stomach. Did he not love her as he claimed to be?

But wait.

Nothing beat.

Not even a small thump.

"You're... there's... are you dying? Are you having a cardiac arrest?" With the other hand, she frantically brushed her fingertips on his face, searching for any other signs of potential illness or other health conditions. The warmth of her fingertips against his cheeks, as if produced a little bit of life for him—somehow he grew to relish it a little bit longer than originally.