Chapter 33

Things will get better—

"Jimin, does it hurt while breathing?"

The silver-haired shook his head and tried taking deep breaths.

"Okay, I'll remove you from the ventilator since you're able to breathe without oxygen support." Yoongi gently spoke.

Jimin just let Yoongi do his job and waited for Jeongguk and his son to come. His husband had gone to pick up Jeonsan from school.

He waited for an hour before getting bored. There was absolutely nothing to do in a hospital. He just read the magazines that were kept in case a patient got bored.

He smiled widely when he stumbled upon Jeongguk's magazine. He excitedly went through the magazine and giggled when he saw his husband's pictures.

"Minnie!"

Jimin snapped his head towards the entrance of his ward and smiled brightly when he saw Jeongguk enter; holding a fast asleep Jeonsan.

"Sorry it took so long, I went home and grabbed clothes and other necessities. Also, I have a surprise!"

"Surprise?"

"JIMINIE!"

Jimin gasped when he saw his mom, father-in-law, and mother-in-law enter with a huge bouquet of flowers and what seemed like food.

"Oh, my! You guys!!"

Jimin's mother rushed to him and hugged him; not so tight, though. She kissed his forehead and cupped his face, "How could you not tell me about this earlier! I would've been here earlier..."

"Sorry, mom. It was sudden."

"Yeah, Jeongguk told us how you collapsed. Are you doing well now, Jimin?" His mother-in-law asked him, gently sitting next to him.

The silver-haired bowed slightly and nodded, "They removed the ventilator this morning, not too long ago. So, I guess I am!"

Jeongguk watched how his family interacted. He smiled to himself and placed Jeonsan on the couch gently. He kissed his son's face and draped his jacket over the sleeping little boy.

"How are you doing, son?"

Jimin pouted and hugged Jeongguk's father. "I missed you."

His father-in-law chuckled, "I missed you too, my son."

Jeongguk made his way towards Jimin, who was making grabby hands towards him. Smiling, he pecked the older's lips every so softly, which made their parents scoff.

"Wow! You've gotten shameless! Right in front of your parents!" Jimin's mother teased.

The couple chuckled.

And like that, the family spent their time with each other. Jimin felt warm. His heart felt a little lighter. He smiled at the argument between his husband and his mother-in-law.

Everything will be fine, now.

~°~

"Jimin, please eat!"

"NO! IT'S DISGUSTING!"

The raven-haired gave up and sat back down, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Jimin, you need to eat no matter how much you dislike the food, okay? Hospital food sucks but try, okay?"  Taehyung whispered to him, and he nodded his head slowly.