Chapter 22

Hate is a strong word—

"Sunshine, can you hand me my phone?"

Hoseok did as told and then proceeded to put on his nurse uniform.

"I can't believe they paged us at fucking four in the morning!"

Yoongi was beyond pissed. He was finally getting time to spend with his Hoseok and then a phone call disrupted their precious moment.

"Yeah, but why did they page me?"

Yoongi just shrugged his shoulders and hurriedly packed everything and left the house with a frowning Hoseok behind him.

~°~

"CODE YELLOW! CODE YELLOW!"

Yoongi rushed towards the main desk and ushered the nurse behind the desk to give him information of what's been going on.

"A drunk truck driver was speeding and suddenly crashed. The drunk driver passed away on the spot but there are around fourteen injured people with three who passed away. We paged you because your team needs to operate on at least three patients. Dr. Lee's team will do the same and Dr. Choi's team will operate if there are any other severe patients."

Yoongi nodded and waited for the patients' arrival.

Hoseok stood beside him and looked at him quizzically. Yoongi looked shaken up and pale too...?

"Yoon, is everything okay?"

Yoongi nodded and sighed, "I'm just very tired, that's all."

Hoseok frowned more, "You've been in bad shape, have you been getting any sleep?"

Yoongi shook his head, "No... Work has been too much. I thought I could finally rest but they paged us again... Ah, let's just focus on the patients!"

"If you need anything, you know I'm here, right?"

"I know, Sunshine."

And as if on cue, the patients were brought in and all the nurses and doctors rushed, asking the paramedics for vitals.

"Name, Lee Kong-Soo. Glass shards on the left thigh and I think there's brain hemorrhage."

Yoongi nodded, "NEXT PATIENT!"

"Name, Li Wei. An blunt object is pierced in the right kidney. Bleeding is violent so it needs to be treated immediately."

Yoongi nodded again, "NEXT!"

"Name, Kang Ji-Yoo. Her wound is not that deep. I don't think she needs surgery. Just stitches here and there. She has a fractured left arm and two fractured ribs."

Yoongi nodded and looked around, seeing all doctors hurriedly pacing around.

"Okay. We'll finish off with the hemorrhage patient first. Then we'll move on to the kidney patient and then the fractured ribs patient. Is the operating theater ready?"

"Yes, it is."

"Okay, move this patient there and I'll be right there."

Yoongi rushed towards the lockers where he would change into his surgical outfit. He then rushed towards the operation theater and washed his hands with the scrub.