¡33¡

before I start I just wanna say sorry for the delay with chapters and what not. I haven't found the motivation to write anything after me and my girlfriend broke up. That left me pretty out of it, you know what I mean? let's get on with the chapter.

"Jaehyun, I swear on our president Namjoon if you don't stop gripping the steering wheel like that."

Our ride was coming to an end. The familiar town was slowly coming into sight.

We were both beginning to be on edge. Memories of this town coming in slowly. The curve me and Jaehyun would ride our bikes. The store that we always snuck out to on the right.

Looking over, you could feel the tension in the air around Jaehyun. Eyes set on the road, knuckles white from his grip on the wheel.

He could act as unbothered as ever, but anyone could tell somewhere in there, he was scared.

I reach my arm out, resting it on his shoulder. He glances at me, I put on a reassuring smile for him.

With a deep breath out, he relaxes somewhat. I give him a confident squeeze.

We turn down a familiar street. Our street.

I hold my breath seeing the neighborhood hood I got out of almost 5 years ago.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, Dae."

I turn my head toward him, he's way more relaxed. Seeing his confidence build back up. My eyes widen as we pull into the driveway.

"Yoonie, I'm scared."

It feels like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. All I can think about are those stupid memories that haunt me.

I was six years old when I found a small crawl space in Jaehyun's closet. I had failed a section test, and my mother was furious.

I remember every hurtful word she yelled at me. I was six at the time. And I already knew that even the smallest mistakes would end me up in trouble. That's where I hid most times, to get away from their abuse.

I already knew how to step around the glass of our already broken up family dynamic.

"Daehee."

I jump at the sound of my name. Jaehyun is staring at me, with one hand on my shoulder. How quick the tables turn.

I quickly look at the front door. There they are. The two 'parents' that I had been dreading to see.

I look back to Jaehyun, "And into the lion's den we go."

I unbuckle my seat belt. I'm all too aware as it clicks loose. Jaehyun gathers up his stuff in a quick manner. We open our doors and step out. Their eyes scrutinize our entire being.

I felt just as small as I used too. I was that defenseless six year old again.

"Welcome home, children."

Our dad's voice is more hoarse now. They've dressed in nice clothes. Like we're one of the rich families who come over for lunch.

We walk up to them. All the manners and etiquette that they taught us harshly is quick to come back to me. We stand in front of them now. I fold my hands to my stomach and bow very low.

I hold it for a little bit and rise back up. We were taught to avoid eye contact unless spoken too.

Jaehyun stands still, doesn't bow and holds powerful eye contact. "Mother. Father," He says in a void tone.