you have cramps

The moans and groans spilling continuously from your lips as well as the constant stirring coming from you awoke Victoria from her sleep. She turned the light on, surprised to find you lying next to her but with your knees close to your chest as you continued to toss and turn in hopes of finding a comfortable position.

"Hey, shh," Victoria whispered softly and scooted as close as she could to you. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I have cramps." You whined. "It hurts and I can't sleep."

Victoria rubbed your back soothingly and tried to think of things she could to ease your pain. She remembered that just before you climbed into bed tonight your period had started. She knows very well how awful they can be, but she figured you were so tired that you'd fall straight to sleep and you wouldn't feel bad tonight.

But things obviously didn't work out that way. You can't get even a minute of sleep because of how much you're hurting and how awful you feel.

"What do you need me to do, baby?" She asked, running her hand along your back in soft and comforting circles. "Do you want a hot bath or some chocolate? Some medicine? How about-"

"Can you rub my stomach?" You asked and craned your neck to stare at her with sad eyes. She could see the pain in your eyes and she knew there wasn't a thing she wouldn't do to take it away.

"Of course I will."

"And maybe a heating pad? I don't know where I put it but it might help."

"Okay. I'll look for it." She said before getting out of bed to look around for the heating pad, eventually finding it in a drawer where you put it so you wouldn't misplace it when you needed it most. She plugged it in and raised your shirt to lay it over your stomach. "Good?" She asked as she turned it on the highest setting and watched it bring you relief right away.

"Yeah."

"Good. I'll be right back."

You watched her leave the room before you could stop her but she returned only a minute later, much to your relief. She had a few snacks in her hands. She always keeps them around for when the mood might strike. She knows you better than you know yourself and she knows it's only a matter of time until you crave it and reach for it.

"There, baby." She said as she dropped them onto the nightstand. "Just for you, my love."

You cracked a smile; one that only grew when she laid behind you and moved her hand to your back to rub it and comfort you.

"How's that heating pad helping?" She asked curiously.

"Good. I'm feeling a little better already."

"I'm happy to hear that." She said and kissed your head before she began to trace patterns on your skin.

"Thank you for doing all of this. Sorry that I woke you but I couldn't even sleep with how bad I felt, so it means a lot that you helped me."

"Don't be sorry. You know I'd do anything for you, baby girl." She said before kissing both of your shoulders. "Now try to sleep. If you need anything else, I'm right here."

But when you didn't reply, she peeked over your shoulder and saw that you'd fallen asleep. She could only smile, happy to know you'd finally become comfortable enough to get some rest.

"Sweet dreams, baby." She whispered and turned off the light before kissing your head and then falling back asleep.