you're sick

The feeling of you shifting around in bed restlessly beside her and the quiet whimpers that fell from your lips caused Victoria to stir from her sleep.

She opened her eyes and saw that the room was still dark. According to the clock on the wall, it was only a little after four in the morning.

Victoria was still sleepy and with the way you were acting she simply thought you were having a bad dream.

She laid back down but moved closer. She put her arm around you and went to pull you closer only for you to wiggle away and tell her not to hold you tightly.

"Victoria, No," you mumbled. "I don't feel good."

She was much more concerned now.

She sat up and turned on the lamp and her heart sank upon seeing you.

You used one hand to clutch your stomach, the other resting on the sheets as you shifted around to try to become more comfortable.

Your back was facing her and she watched how quickly it rose and fell as you tried to breathe through the icky nauseous feeling.

"I feel sick." You mumbled as she slipped her hand under your shirt to brush her fingertips along your skin.

She realized how hot it was against her touch, feverish and a little sweaty.

"Can I do anything to help you feel any better?" She asked.

But as soon as the words left her lips, you sat up and covered your mouth as it began to water.

"I'm going to be sick."

She went wide-eyed before she grabbed the empty garbage can by her side of the bed before putting it on your lap.

It was just in time. Your stomach flipped a second or two later and you ended up throwing up into it.

As your stomach turned, Victoria held your hair back for you and tried to comfort you by rubbing your shoulder and whispering into your ear, hoping her voice and her words would help soothe you.

"It's okay." She whispered as she gently brushed her nails along your skin. "Let it all out."

It took a few minutes for your stomach to empty enough and to feel settled before you finally stopped throwing up.

You took a deep breath as she moved the trash can onto the floor.

"Feel better?"

"Yeah, I think so."

She helped you lay back down. You were shivering as the chills hit you and you reached for the blankets to cover up.

But Victoria pulled them away, knowing sheets would be a little better for you to cover up with.

She got out of bed and went to the closet, grabbing you a few sheets to cover up with before she walked back to your side.

You whined as she pulled the blankets away, shivering until she covered you up and tucked you in.

"There we go, baby," she whispered before kissing your forehead.

You felt feverish, so she went into the bathroom and grabbed the thermometer to check your temperature.

She returned to your side and placed it under your tongue, watching as the numbers climbed up again and again.

Your eyes were closed and you were almost asleep until the thermometer beeped.

"About one-hundred-and-one." She sighed sadly before brushing her fingers through your hair.

"Need anything? I can go to the store for you."

"It's after four in the morning, babe."

She shook her head with a sad smile and stroked your cheek.

"It's open all night. It's okay, I don't mind. Just tell me what you need."

"I'm okay. I just want cuddles and sleep. Maybe some soup in a few hours."

She nodded and climbed under the covers with you.

"Go to sleep. I've got you, sweet girl." She whispered and rubbed your back as you drifted off to sleep.

She listened to you breathe as you fell asleep, leaving her hoping that the next time you opened your eyes you'd feel a little better.