Chapter 1

ELSA

I stared at the Gothic architecture, Ravens flying, and the golden crest of the school. The Royal High is situated amidst the forest, far away from civilization. It's the most prestigious international school on the globe and only the children of a selected few can get in, moreover, afford the tuition here.

It has been my dream school ever since my elder brother started here. Every summer he would return with endless tales of his school life which I always listed, envisioning myself to be able to have the experiences. The only time I had visited was his graduation, and I left besotted with the corridors, libraries, the fields, the trees, the canopies, everything. I was waiting to turn 16, the year my ever-so-concerned parents would allow me the freedom to fly across the continent, all the way to the UK for the last two years of my high school.

  “ Darling, why don’t you… emm.” Dad, addresses Mom breaking my reverie.

“ Really? “ Mom scoffs, shaking her head as both Dad and Aiden walk away.

“ Is it what I am thinking? “ I look at both of them, trying hard to appear indulged in their conversation but their slanting posture says otherwise.

“ Yes, Get ready for the honey and bees talk.” She teases, and I grimace.

I remember the first time it happened. I had seen the Superman movie and confessed to Aiden, my brother that watching Henry Cavill gives me tingles. He told me all that boys should be giving me is ick. I had conveniently ignored him and continued with my movie marathon when a particular kissing scene made me gasp. I had seen my parents kiss but it was always those sweet kisses, not the ones I had witnessed, harsh, demanding, enough my make my 11-year-old mind bewildered. Aiden had seen my reaction, he rushed to get Mom and forced a very uncomfortable topic.

“ As if all Aiden did was study and play polo! " I mutter under my breath. Mom laughs, drawing me into her by my shoulder.

" That hypocrite! Let us move away from the earshot of your two guard dogs. "

We take a leisurely walk towards a bench, where Mom tugs me down to sit beside her.

" This period of your life is not returning, you would never be 17 again, never this carefree. With age, things get complicated.
You are going to live the best two years of your life here, I want you to cherish them, lose all your inhibitions, and curtail all the boundaries that were set on you back home. You are to bloom here. Study, play, laugh and love. " I look at her pointedly.

" Yes, love. I met Alex when I was your age. You will meet your Alex here, you never know. " She shoves my shoulder playfully.

" This is not the sex ex I had in mind. "

" Well, you know all about condoms. You have also seen plenty of TV commercials. You are well versed in it. What you don't know is how special your first time is and when it is with someone you love it's magical. Look for magic, there is ordinary everywhere. "

---

" Don't ever skip your food. " Dad warns.

" Don't go wandering in the forest." Aiden adds.

" Call me every day."

" Call me twice a day."

" How about every hour?" My snide remark does not hit the mark because Aiden's eyes light up with the possibility.

" No. " I declare before he can get another word out of his mouth.

" She is going to be late for her orientation dinner. " Mom reminds them.