[4] You're Human

Requested: SimpleTimes1

Warnings: Lost

Words: 478

---

"It's silly of me isn't it?" She looked over to you, her eyes glossy. "To feel sorrow of their departure."

You frowned. You heard about the news of her Titans dying, and also the backlash of her own emotions that went along after. Many were happy to not deal with them, many were confused on why she was sad about it, and many others couldn't care less. You weren't any of those people, you cared for her, so you cared about her own dreams or obsessions even if it were to be the very thing that could kill you.

That never stopped you helping her out on her studies. Being there when she was overly excited on any new discovery, there when she felt sad about a certain action or ignorance as she would say. You would also there to make sure she took care of herself, and didn't get hurt during the process physically, emotional wasn't something you could protect her from.

You sat down in front of her. Her hands clasped together in front of her face. You knew she was surprised that many people didn't understand.

"You're human Hange, it's not silly."

"Many would differ." She said.

"Let them," You hissed. "They won't understand the dedication and hard work you put into this!"

"Do they need to?" Hange laid her head against the table, her arms crossed underneath.

"Although, even I may not understand your obsession, I know that your devotion and maybe love for them was real. That smile when you saw them, the energy that lit all around you, and laughter when they almost killed you." You shuttered. "It's was something you enjoyed doing, and it's sad to see it and them go. Don't feel silly about it, don't listen to them, do what you do best."

She stood up, a bright smile on her face. "You always know what to say to make me feel better."

"Maybe, or maybe I'm just stating facts."

She laughed, and walked over to you. She bent down and kissed you forehead. "Follow me back to the room?"

You stood up. "Of course, you aren't alone, I'm here to help you every step of the way!"

"Good! Now come on!" She took your hand and dragged you down the hallways.

"Slow down!" Levi scolded.

"Sorry Levi, but this must not wait!"

She cursed under his breath, walking the opposite direction. "Shitty glasses."

You felt happy to see Hange happy, knowing that she wasn't dwelling on her lost or the words that came with it. She was with you and you were with her. You loved it.

And she loved it too.