[9] Pen with Emotions

Requested: Skipperyang083

Waring: Reader Death

Words: 595

---

A soldier, a young heart with the knowledge that one day their life would be a sacrifice for humanity. Somedays, a soldier would lay on top of healthy grass among trees and not think. To keep the worries and insecurities that they will never go back home, but to many, home was destroyed. Following orders to eliminate the threats, no matter the cost, to protect the buildings they built, the people they loved. There were times where those soldiers cracked under the pressure and ran away from their problems. The remaining little fight to the last take of breath, killing the beasts, and healing the wounded. The orders that were lost in the chaos, the orders that would've saved them never came to the command. A few died in the hands of titans, but one stood last among the dead.

She kissed her pen that she always kept with her, to tell her to write the stories, the sights she saw into her journal. To tell a special someone her worries, emotions, and thoughts. Though she would never confront the person, knowing it was useless in a world like this, just the same to others. She used them as a beacon of hope when life in a moment was becoming life or death. She held her breath, the blades parallel in front of her, and she jumped back into action. The feelings she felt over the years she's been alive, in this action, she forced them all out in no regret.

The steaming blood coaxed her body, the dark circle under her eyes becoming visible to eyes from afar. She was running out of everything, stealing from dead bodies, it was becoming exhausting. She saw the shadow of a titan tower over her and she turned her head back. The eyes of the beasts stared down at her, knowing she couldn't do much. Her head faced down, her knees hurting as she rested all her weight against it. The many wounds she gained ached, her eyes closed shut and she fell. In the jolt, she forced her eyes open once more to see the titan being slashed from a shadowy figure. She smiled and death took her under.

***

"Hange!" She turned around to see a boy she didn't know, holding the lifeless body of someone she did. She saw the beautiful face of a brave comrade. She sighed. It was too late to save you, but at least the many who knew you could see your final days. The boy set her down and Hange sat on her knees. She saw something poke out from a man-made pocket, seeing that the comrade had crafted it. She took out a small journal and a pen that was crushed.

"Uh. . ." The boy hesitated, but let her continue.

She flipped open the book and saw dates that were over the many years. The one dated, when the comrade was being led by her, was a confession. She smiled solemnly and closed the book. She felt tears sprung from her eyes as she choked down sobs. She leaned forward, her head resting on the comrade's chest as many others mourn for you as well.

Even in death, I won't lose hope.

She blamed herself for sending a team too late to escract you, thinking you were being reckless as the note she requested to you, didn't get to you. She ordered a hole to be dug, laid the broken pen on top, kissing it before she did.

"Until we meet again."