toad.

-1st year-

As you and several other kids walk up numerous amounts of stairs, you and the several other kids, are greeted by an elderly women in a long black and green-ish cloak.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, now in a few moments you will walk through those doors and join your class mates-". You start to zone out as you look around at the glorious walls. every single painting probably has a history behind them, you think to your self. You can still hear the women in the black green-ish cloak speaking, but the words were muffled by your curious thoughts.

"TREVOR!", a boy yelled, bringing you back to reality. The boy looked up at the women as he picked up what I think was a toad. The boy had dark brown hair in the shape of a bowl, was short and more heavy-set than the other boys.

As he walks back to the big group of kids, he lifts hid head from his toad and accidentally making eye contact with you. HIs eyes were green, just like two little lily pads. You notice him get nervous, flushing his cheeks red, he quickly, but carefully puts the toad into this cloak pocket.

"Thats a cool toad", you say pointing to the pocket he just put his toad in. cool toad, what is wrong with me. "T-thanks", the boy stuttered while 'trying' to look at you.

"I brought a cat" you say quietly, leaning closer to him, but still look forward, trying to seem like you're paying attention. From your peripheral vision you see the boy looking at you, making sure you don't catch him looking. "what's his or her name?" the boy says quietly, but eager to get an answer. "HIS name is Elliot", you answer. "That's a good name", "Better than Trevor" you say giving out a little giggle. "Hey!" The boy whispers sternly.

"I'm y/n l/n" you say as you hold out your hand. The boy looks at your hand, his eyes hesitate to look into yours. "Neville, Neville Longbottom" the boy, or should I say Neville, gently shake your hand. "Nice to meet you Neville", Neville gives you a nod and a smile, looking flushed of red.

The silence was broken, along with the intense, but gentle eye contact. "Alright everyone, you can now follow me into the Great hall" pronounces the women in the black green-ish cloak.