herbology.

-4th year-

"Good afternoon class" says Professor Sprout, with a cheery smile. "Today we are doing partner work". Everyone sighs and cockes thier heads back in agony. "I know, I know you are all excited, but instead of me picking your partners, I am going to let you pick your own". Everyone seemed a bit less in agony, but not by a lot.

You look around the green house, just observing how beautiful it really was. The muffled noise of Professor Sprout giving directions lingered in the back of my head. My eyes fixate on a tall, scruffy haired boy. Neville Longbottom, one of my best friends here at Hogwarts, top of the Herbology class. Still fixated on him you notice the light hit his face perfectly.

I never noticed how nice his skin was, or how enchanting his lily pad eyes were. and his nose, it's... so... perfect.

Neville must have felt your eyes on him, he slowly looks over in your direction, making eye contact with you, but for just a second. You quickly look away and down at your feet, you could feel your heart race and the heat rushing to your cheeks.

Now you can feel his eyes on you, But that feeling didn't last long. "Alright class, time to pick your partners and get to work". Pronounces Professor Sprout.

You kind of wished you were looking for a partner than mindlessly staring- no , not staring, I wasn't staring, I was...umm... OBSERVING, yes observing- Nevilles features.

As you look around for a partner, your eyes catch Neville going to the back of the green house. "Hey, uhh y/n, do you wanna-" you turn around to see Ron. "Sorry Ron I can't be your partner" you say putting your hand on his shoulder, then turning around to see Neville in the back of the green house STILL with out a partner.

You slowly make your way over to Neville, You stop as he slowly lifts his head from the plant he is working on. "Oh, uhh... hi y/n" Neville says turning his head back to his plant. "Why are you back here all alone, this is a 'partner' assignment for a reason, you're supposed to do it with a partner", "Yeah, well nobody wants to be my partner, besides I work just fine on my own" Neville says in a surprisingly rude tone. You shake off his rudeness and sit down next to him.

Neville looks over at you, "What are you doing", "Being your partner", "Like is said I work best alo-" you cut him off before he can say anything else. "Look, I don't care, I am going to be your partner wiether you like it or not" You stay sternly, Looking him in his eyes.

"You know, you are really pushy some times" says Neville, giving a smile and a giggle. "Well you, Neville Longbottom can be very stubborn at times" giving him a nudge with your elbow.

"Okay, you say letting out a big sigh, What are we doing". Neville looks at you in disbelief, "Come on y/n", "WHAT" you say confused. "Maybe if you were paying attention instead of staring at me, then you would now what to do", " STARING!, I was not staring" you say as your face gets red. "Sure, whatever you say" Neville says sarcastically.

You two make eye contact, it seems like forever, or maybe not long enough. there are those big beautiful lily pads again, they look beautiful even without the sun catching them perfectly.

"Since you insisted on being my partner, let's get to work", "Oh, right work, totally forgot" you say grabbing some fresh soil. Neville leans over to you just by your ear, You could feel his breathe on go through your hair.

"you were staring again".

AN

I wanted to add a bit of -sassy neville- so, i hope you liked it :)