It's All Ruined

Chapter 26

Anthony's POV

I looked at Aubrey, then her mother. Both of them looking incredibly worried. Becca and Austin looking flushed. Becca's mascara was running down her cheeks and soon I was wondering if I was going to have to beat someone up tonight. But, as I looked at Austin's muscles I decided against it.

"What's going on?" I asked, suddenly taking a step closer towards them.

Becca started crying harder into her hands, her phone still in her hands. I looked towards Aubrey and she shrugged her shoulders at me which made me realize that she had no idea what was going on either. Aubrey found her way to my side and wrapped an arm around my waist, and while the crying couple wasn't looking I kissed her temple feeling a wave embarrassment crowd over me.

"Is this about your father?" I asked quietly.

Aubrey shook her head. "I don't believe so. Why?"

I shook my head suddenly not ready to tell her what was going on. But she raised a brow at me which made me realize that she was ten steps ahead of me and already piecing things together. Becca's sob got louder as she looked at her phone again and if she wasn't careful she was going to crush that thousand dollar phone.

"Our venue-- has been taken. My dress does not fit me anymore. Paris is not happening. None of this is going to go to plan. Why is this happening to me? To us? Why? I thought-- I thought our bad luck was up and suddenly I'm freaking out because nothing is going like it should. Instead everything is hitting the fan." She wiped her cheeks making the mascara look worse. "Mom, please let me talk to you. I need this."

Becca took Malia's hand and soon they were running up the steps and then the door was being slammed. I looked at Aubrey and she looked gutted. The color had even left her face and I knew that I couldn't tell her about her father's conversation with me. She grabbed onto one of my hands and laced our fingers together. I couldn't help but smile at her, and soon she was smiling back at me.

"Austin, we're going upstairs. Do you need us?"

He shook his head and soon I was the one being pulled up the steps. As soon as we made it to her room, I started to wonder what exactly was happening. The door closed behind her and suddenly she was messing with her hair.

I looked at her for a second getting blinded by how beautiful she looked. In this lighting it hit her hair perfectly and I found myself at a loss of words trying to figure out what to do.

"We have to start building this hotel now. It might be on a slight schedule that is action packed, but now is the time. I have the money, I don't care what my father thinks or that it's a damn grade. We need to get this done as soon as possible." She turned and looked me in the eyes. "And she can have the wedding there. This means we can finally have our plans for the outside ready, and the main corridor—"

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked. "We haven't gotten around the pricing yet. We have blue prints and plans. But we don't have a company that can start building... We definitely don't have the product that needs to be used. Hotels can take more three years to build, this isn't practical."

"Shut it, Anthony. If we make the call now and use the same companies my father used then—"

"I thought"