Eaten Away

Chapter 18
Aubrey's POV

The world felt like it was flipping around me as Mr. Davidsons words rang through my head again and again. There was a lot I needed clarified but suddenly sitting on the floor felt like a better answer. So that's what I did; I brought my knees up to my chest and stared at everyone that was looking down on me.

"How long have you known, Alex?"

He shook his head and looked at Anthony. "You ass, you couldn't keep your hands to yourself for one God damn day?" He yelled.

It was scary to see Alex act like this because it felt like watching my father yell at me. Ask all these questions even though he already knew the answer. It hurt to see and hear because it was an endless cycle that I didn't know when it would stop.

"It was her, not me, Alex." Anthony looked at me and I felt my heart crumble into tiny pieces.

It was hard to figure out what I needed to say or who I needed to listen too. With everything in me I just wanted to run out of their house and go home, maybe even to father. Father would know what to do and I know he wouldn't throw me out. I already knew where he was living; in a penthouse over looking the city. It would be a quick drive, wouldn't it?

I stood up and brushed off my clothes. The boys watched me as I did this and Mr. Davidson stared at me. I tried my hardest not to let any of these boys stares get to me but with everything that had been happening I found it harder and harder to do so.

"I don't want to talk to any of you until you give me an explanation." I started.

"We don't have to explain anything, Aubrey. You're the one who was about to cheat on me."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms tighter around chest. "I've been through so much these past couple weeks and I'm not trying to throw the victim card onto you. But treating me like this... this is just garbage. I'm trying so hard to stay away from things that make me feel a certain way but this" -I pointed between the three of us- "This, just isn't okay."

It felt weird to be standing in front of three men my parents would've wanted me to stay away from. Father told me to always stay away from Davidson boys and I walked blindly into one unknowingly. What would he say to me? I asked myself. All I knew is that I had so much to say to the two boys and I didn't know where to start.

They'd both send me into tears.

I shifted from one heel to the other and tried taking in deep breaths. When I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket signaling that my driver was here I let out a sigh of relief. I looked at the three boys standing in front of me and tried my hardest to build up my concrete walls. I didn't want to fall in front of them.

"Mr. Davidson, I don't know why you would've cheated on Mrs. Davidson. She's a lovely lady and you will never be able to live what you've down." He stared at me like he knew I was just going break in front of him. He wanted me to do this and for once I was going to put on a show.

"Alex," -I turned to him- "You've been the sweetest guy possible for me. But there's so many times I've heard Adalyn or other girls gossip in locker room that you were seen with coaches daughter. With everything in me I don't want to believe that, but part of me does. Because if I want to kiss Anthony so badly, then there's a fucking chance you want to kiss Brooke."