𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

2:36PM
a week later
outside

Miu Iruma's POV

Well, that's how far it went. Kaede and Shuichi decided to stay together. Bullshit, they're even more happy now. They're spending time together. They're getting all cuddly and shit right in my face. It's like Shuichi knows how desperate I am for Kaede, yet he does all this shit right in front of me.
It really hurts seeing the person you have feelings for with someone else. It really..really hurts. Tho I'm supposed to be happy for Kaede and just move on. She's my best friend, we're girlfriends platonically, I wouldn't want to loose her.

And..great. Just as I was about to leave the store, I see a familiar couple coming in. My heart starts racing and I have no idea what to do. Do I say hi to them? Do I leave and ignore them?

"Oh hello Miu!" Kaede greets me with a smile. God I love this woman so much.
Shuichi just rolled his eyes under his hat and waved.

"Hey Kayayday."
That's all I say and I leave. It physically hurts. It hurts seeing her so happy with someone else. I don't want to disturb their relationship, Kaede would hate me and that's the last thing I want.

As I walk away, I can feel teardrops rolling down my cheeks. Why am I so jealous? It's definitely not her fault. She's been together with him for a long time now, she wouldn't break up with him just for me. That's not what I want anyway. All I want is to tell her what I really feel without her hating me at the end. All I want is the pain to go away. I want her for me. I'm selfish, but that's what I want. I want her to be my girlfriend.

I can feel the summer rain against my whole body. It was kinda chilly for a tank top and shorts, but what can I even do. I don't have the motivation to dress up to impress anymore. Who am I even going to impress? She doesn't care. Kaede doesn't care about me anymore.
We haven't had a conversation in days, usually we're inseparable. We would usually talk all the time, no matter what the other one was doing. No matter with what the other one was busy with, we would always chat and have a good time. Now she just brushes me off.

I'm definitely overreacting. I'm jealous, that's for sure. If she's happier with Shuichi and way better without me in the way, then I should be happy for her too. I don't want the girl that I have feelings for to be upset. It would hurt me.

But I just can't. My heart won't stop pounding. I choke while sobbing like a six year old who just dropped their ice-cream. I couldn't bear to see her anymore. It really really hurts. So I get up and run. I don't know where I'm heading to. I'm just running from my problems. For all I know, I could get lost, but I can't give a crap. I can't stand seeing them.

Kaede must've seen me cry and run away.

"Miu! Wait!!"

That angelic voice. It called me.

"Where are you going?!"

It's so nice knowing she cares.

I trip and fall. My heart won't stop racing. I'm dying of embarrassment. What has gotten into me??

"Miu! Are you alright?!"

I look up in her eyes. Her pretty pink eyes.

"I'm-"

I just can't lie to her.
I can't lie to her anymore.
I can't hide it anymore.

"Kaede, I'm jealous."

She gives me a confused look.

"I'm jealous of Shuichi."
"Shuichi? Why?" She asks.

Am I really about to tell her? Am I really about to tell the girl I have an obvious crush on that I am deeply in love with her?

"Kaede I.."

"I fell in love with you."