𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴...

2:42PM
outside

I did it. I told her.

Kaede looks at me. I'm scared, so I close my eyes, hoping she'll leave.
Kaede just smiles, she lets out a small 'aww' and lets herself on her knees next to me.

"You shouldn't be jealous, really. You should've told me earlier!"

I really don't understand what's going on.

"The truth is.."
"I love you too."

My cheeks went a bright red.
My eyes widened.
Did I hear that right?

"W-What about Shuichi?"

She slightly laughs.

"We broke up yesterday. But we promised eachother to remain good friends!"

This is incredible. The girl of my dreams just confessed she feels the same way.
I'm beyond happy.

"Does that mean..I get to date you?"
"Of course silly! I would love to be your girlfriend!"

I start tearing up. I'm beyond happy. It's everything I really wanted.
All I wanted was her. All I wanted was to tell her that I fell in love with her. All I wanted was to be her girlfriend, to stay up at night and cuddle, to kiss, to laugh and chat, to listen to music.

I smile softly. She does the same.

I finally got what I wanted. This feels like a dream. It's too perfect to be reality, but here we are. Sitting on the wet ground with the person I fell in love with, feeling all warm and happy inside.

I feel a hand on my cheek.

Kaede gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I can't believe how lucky I am. I feel so happy.

My best friend and I are now in a relationship.
I'm so proud I told her.
I'm proud it doesn't hurt anymore.

"I love you a lot, Miu."