Chapter 2: Catra

Tw: Substance abuse, underage drinking, strong language, domestic abuse, slut shaming, smoking, and bullying.

The smell of cheap wine, perfume, body odor, and smoke fill my nostrils. The all-familiar smell of a Sunday night party. Where the broken people go to feel whole even if it is just for one night.

I light a cigarette and lean against the wall; observing the drunken girls around me. Most of them are stumbling around on the dance floor; grinding against cocky frat boys.

There are only two guarantees at Collage party's:

One, somebody's going home pregnant. And two everybody here is totally shitfaced. I take a long swig from the flask in my hand; relishing the bonfire like burn that courses through my body.

A short blond girl tugs her date to the dance floor; her dark blue eyes filled with joy as she laces her fingers with her partner's.

Her blonde ponytail bounces with every step as she tugs me along the numerous rows of flowers. She turns back to face me; those beautiful blue eyes lock with mine. A warm smile brightens up her face and it seems as if all I know is her. I'm lost in those eyes, her cherry-blossom scent, her laughter that makes my heart skip a beat and my face flush. Adora.

"Damn it!" I mumble; chugging the rest of my Vodka. Hoping that the alcohol will take me away and help me forget like it always does, about the girl who shattered my heart. The girl who left me because I didn't fit her perfect little life.

My grip on the flask tightens; my knuckles turning ghostly pale.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone?" I turn my head to see a raven-haired girl leaning against the wall; arms crossed over her chest. I smirk and light another cigarette. I've seen her before, I think she's in one of my classes. She's cute, I will admit.

"What's it to you, Angel?" I ask her.

"The name's Chrissie." I move closer to her; my mouth right next to her ear.

"I prefer Angel." I whisper; causing her to shiver. I smile; glad that my usual flirting methods aren't letting me down.

She takes a sip out of her red-solo cup and takes my hand; wasting no time brining me to a vacant bedroom.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Catra, you are 17 at a collage party fooling around with a girl who's going to forget it all in the morning. Is it the best idea? No...but it helps me forget about my troubles and feel alive. And that's what matters.

It's the only thing that keeps me sane. Besides, I'm not looking for a relationship, love is about as real as the chances of me getting sober.

Slim to none.

The world sways beneath my feet; causing an immediate headache. The girl locks the door and rushes over to me; whatever is in her cup sloshing onto the ugly carpet.

Her lips collide with my own; the taste of booze and nicotine floods my senses.

Adora's soft lips meet mine; the taste of cherry blossoms and hope is all I can think about as she moves her hands to my waist.

Ugh, Adora! Get out of my head!

I need another drink.

She pulls away for air and then reels me back in; not holding back this time.

I kiss Adora back as gently as she had kissed me. The motion was so simple and sweet; yet it didn't cease to take my breath away and make my heart feel so full and...loved. Something that I haven't felt in so, so long.