Chapter 4: Adora

TW: Strong language, Verbal abuse, and Physical Abuse

"Till next time, Princess." Her hand grazes mine; a feeling of pure euphoria floods my soul. A spark ignites; leaving the little trace of skin buzzing from a mere touch.

And that ladies, gentlemen, and enby friends is the effect that Catra Mckenna has on me.

"I miss you." The words fall out of my mouth before I have the chance to catch them.

She stops dead in her tracks.

Damn it, Adora. You just had to ruin it-

"I...I miss you too, Princess." She chuckles under her breath. And for once I don't care that she's laughing at me.

I let out a breath, that I didn't even realize I was holding.

A blush creeps up my neck.

She misses me too.

"But don't get your hopes up, okay? This is not because I like you." And with that she walks away; her hips swaying with every step.

I stand smack dab in the middle of the alleyway; a gay wreck trying to process what just happened.

She...she saw my cuts. But she didn't tell anybody, no. She cleaned them and made sure that they were flawlessly bandaged. It seems like she has had experience with this before...I wonder if she....

No Adora! Focus on the good.

She actually had a conversation with me. She...holy shit...she said that she'd get coffee with me!

What should I wear? What time? Wait! Do I pick her up? I don't even have her number.

A shrill ringing in the distance slices through my thoughts.

Oh, shoot class.

I rush to class; knowing that if I get a tardy my ass will be grass when I get home. Hell, my dad wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

I finally made it to class and entered the rowdy and malodorous room.

"Adora you're late" Ms. Light says; flipping a page in her issue of People.

"I'm so sorry! I uhhh... I- there was.... a um cat! Yeah, a stray cat. I followed the cat to make sure it got home safe... and it did! Sorry...again."

She rolls her eyes at my over-the-top excuse.

"Just don't be late again. Everyone already picked partners for the project so you're with..." She peers over the rim of her glasses "Catra."

Seriously. The last time me and Catra had a project together I did all the work. She did not contribute anything to the project but somehow managed to get a 95%.

I nod.

"Your topic is substance abuse. You will need to cover the questions here. Ask your partner for the rundown on the project" Ms. light stated as she handed me two rubrics.

"Oh, okay thank you miss," I say; rushing back out of the classroom, on a search for my partner (who didn't care to make it to class)

What are the odds that out of everyone I had to get Catra? Well, I might as well tell her about it.

I find her in a spare classroom.

Her legs propped up on the desk; lounging back in a chair. Music penetrating her ears.

Her eyes are squeezed shut. Her attention poured into the epic air guitar solo she's playing.

I stand there awkwardly, hoping that she'll notice sooner or later.