Chapter XIII

Y/n pov

I was surprised how she was following me through the village to Hiccup's hut. But I for sure do not want to break her trust, so I stayed a safe space away. When we arrived to Hiccup's hut I sighed.
"Wait here I'm going to get my friend so we can help you." I smiled.
I'm doing this for her,
As soon as I closed the door behind me Hiccup ran to me,
"Where did you go?" He asks hugging me in relief of seeing me.
"I-"
"Are you hurt, gosh I was worried sick." He says cutting me off,
"Hiccup I-"
"I thought I lost you again and-" Again he cuts me off,
"Hiccup!" I say with a louder tone.
"W-What?" He asks.
"I was just taking a walk, I ran into a hurt dragon though. Please can you help me help her?" I ask.
"Of course Y/n, where's the dragon?" He asks.
"She's outside, but listen- I know your going to literally freak out when you see her. But she's not comfortable with us, so try not to scare her." I say.
"Why would I freak out?" He asks.
"You'll see." I say opening the door to show him her,
"A light fury!" He says trying to hold in his excitement.
Be she still freaked out,
I ran to her and calmed her down,
"Easy girl easy." I say.
"Shh it's okay girl, I'm sorry I frightened you." Hiccup says coming closer to me,
She eased up,
"I told you to be calm." I giggled.
"I'm sorry but its a light fury, do you have any idea how rare she is. I thought they we're extinct." He whispers.
"I studied about light fury's, the books said they were extinct." I whispered.
"They must not be anymore." He says.
Then she got closer to me and snuggles on me, I held her gently. She's getting comfortable with me?
"She's attached to you." Hiccup says shocked.
"Come on let's help her wing." I say.
I'm very excited about her trusting me, but they're more important things to deal with, like her wing.
"The dragon training academy has the supplies we need, come on." Hiccup says walking towards the academy.
"Follow us." I whisper to her.

She followed cautious of her surroundings,
As soon as we got to the training academy we went into a medical room, we grabbed many supplies. There is not one person here, I'm confused on why? With dragons and human friends don't people stay out late now? But never mind that, the light fury layed down on the floor. Hiccup got a damp cloth and was about to clean the wound up she moved away then rested her head on me,
"I think she prefers you do this Y/n." Hiccup says handing me the cloth,
"Oh- okay." I say grabbing it and moving to her wing,
"I can guide you." He smiles.
"It's okay I know how." I say starting to clean the wound,
She squeezed her eyes and tried not to move, I know it hurts badly. I've been in the same situation years ago. Stoick cleaned my cut down my palm, Hiccup held me tight to help make me comfortable.

"I know it hurts, pain is temporary." I say gently.

She flinched,
"Here you can do it more gently, I'll show you." Hiccup says. I felt his chest touch my back and his hands slid down the back of my hands, he helped me do it so she could go through the least amount of pain. I blushed as Hiccup interlocked fingers with me, when the blood was all soaked into the cloth he slowly let me go.
"Thank you." I smile.
"Your welcome, by the way good job you did better than me, where did you learn to do this?" He asks as I started to wrap her wing.
"During my studies in Pameaburg, my adopted parents disliked I choice such a subject. To them it wasn't princess like, men did stuff like this. But learning this was the closest thing to Berk. Since at the time, vikings would get wounded a lot fighting for our people." I say finishing the wrapping.
"They wanted to make you something your not." He says.
"Yeah, they tried to take the viking side of me out." I sigh.
"That sounds awful, I can't imagine what you went through." He says putting his hand on my back. He really couldn't imagine.
"I felt ashamed of being a viking, I couldn't change." I sigh.
"They can't ever change who you really are, you are home now. No more pressure." He smiles.
I smiled back,
The light fury stood up,
"Where is she going to sleep?" I ask.
"Hmm how about here at the academy, they're nests." He suggested.
"Yeah for the night she could stay here till we find her a better place." I say.
Hiccup showed me where they kept the dragon nests for pregnant or hurt dragons, and they can be used for the dragons to just rest. I led the light fury into the rest then she got comfortable, but she hesitated on being alone.
"Maybe you should stay with her, she's scared." Hiccup says.
"Good idea, I'll stay with her." I smile.
Hiccup brought me a blanket and a change of clothes,
"Thanks Hiccup, well I'll see you tomorrow." I say about to lay next to her but he grabbed my arm softly, I turned and faced him,

"Y/n, can we talk first." He says.
"Yeah of course." I say.
We walked to the edge of the room where the light fury can still see me, so she won't be scared. There was a huge opened window, the moon sparkled on the water.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"Did Astrid tell you about- our- um-"
"Yes, she did." I say cutting him off,
"Honestly Y/n, I don't know what to do. I don't want to marry her." He groans in frustration.
I know the feeling,
"When we were kid I always thought about how one day you'd be cheif, have a family, and just be successful." I say.
"But now it's all actually happening." He sighs.
"I know your under a lot of pressure, when I was the princess I had a lot of pressure too. You'll get through this." I say softly.
"I'm trying to get out of it, but how could I marry someone I don't love?" He asks.
"Whatever happens, I'm here for you." I say giving him a hug.
"Thank you Y/n." He whispers in my ear hugging back,
"It's late, you should rest." I say letting go,
"I'll see you tomorrow bed head." He jokes.
"Goodnight drool face." I say punching his shoulder.
He giggled and I went back to the light fury,
I looked back and Hiccup was still watching me smiling, weirdo. It's like he's zoned out, I waved bye then he blushed and waved walking away. The light fury and I got comfy, every night I'm freezing. A blanket is not enough, but the light fury wrapped her wing around me. She's so warm! Then I dozed off thinking about him.
___________________________