Chapter XV

Y/n pov

Later that day I went to the forest to clear my mind again, at the spot where I watched the moonlight shine on the ocean. Luna came with me and comforted me, she tries to help me feel better but it doesn't work much, I talk to her too and tell her about Hiccup. She is a good listener, Luna knows everything going on. But I sighed and watched the ocean calmly drift. Then the thought came to my mind, I need to move out of Hiccup's hut, and I shouldn't let myself keep falling deeper in my feelings towards him. I'm scared I'll ruin everything here like I did in Pameaburg.
"Woah I've never seen a dragon like her before!" This girl says popping out of nowhere,
"Wow you scared me." I jumped standing up from the ground.
"My bad, I'm Heather." She smiles.
"I'm Y/n." I smile back.
"Wait the Y/n?" She asks.
"You know who I am?" I giggle.
"You kidding of course I do! The orphan girl who became the princess of Pameaburg." She says.
"How do you know that?" I ask kinda shocked.
"People talk." She sighs.
"Oh- I say.
"Your dragon is beautiful." She says amazed at Luna,
"Thank you her name is Luna, how come I've never seen you before?" I ask.
"Interesting question, I work in Gobbers weapon store." She smiles.
"Gobber is like my uncle." I giggle.
"Yes he chats about you too." Heather says.
From that point on we hit it off, Heather became a close friend that moment forward. But I had to go to Hiccup's hut to grab my things. Heather offered me to stay with her, I took it because I needed to get out of the hut before I get hurt. Or worse he gets hurt from me, I know he loves me very much as a friend. So if I die from Hans if he ever finds me, he won't hurt as much when I distance myself from him.

When I got to his hut I walked in and he was with Toothless,
"Hey Y/n, its your turn on the bed tonight." He smiles.
"Actually Hiccup, I think its time I move out." I sighed trying to be soft.
"What? Why?!" He asks standing up,
"You have to marry soon, people will think its inappropriate for us to be living together. Even if we're like family." I say.
"I don't care what they say, do you even have somewhere to go?" He asks coming closer.
"Yeah, I made a friend." I smile.
"Oh- I'm happy your making friends but I don't want you too leave." He says sadly.
"Im not leaving Hiccup, your still going to see me everyday." I sigh.
"I just get scared your going to leave me again." He says looking down,
"Hey-" I say cresting his cheek making him look up at me,
"I'll never leave you again." I blush.
"Promise?" He asks.
"I promise." I smile softly.
Then he immediately hugged me tightly,
I held him back and felt tears coming,
"Promise hug." We both say.
"This is for the best." I say letting go and holding both his hands,
"Your right." He nods.
"I barely have stuff, but may I grab my things?" I giggle.
"Of course." He says pulling me upstairs with him,
I packed my things and said goodbye to Toothless. Then at the door Hiccup and I hugged tightly for a couple of minutes. Before leaving I crested his cheek and gave him a kiss on the cheek. His cheeks turned red and I just smiled, I'm grateful to have him in my life. But this is part of growing up I suppose. Heathers hut was great, she had two beds, and an amazing dragon. I'm not too happy about leaving Hiccup's hut, deep down I know its for the best. Luna even had a place to stay with Heather's dragon, they shared a nest.

Hiccup's pov

A week has passed since Y/n moved out, she's staying with this girl. I seen her before at Gobber's shop, but I dont know who she is. They laugh and spend a lot of time together though, it makes me happy she is settling. Y/n was right, I'd see her everyday, but it's not the same. We've been distant, we still talk to eachother though of course. Ever since she found out about my shitty arrange marriage, she's been "trying to do the right thing". I understand kinda, I wish things were different. I'm not happy, but she keeps me smiling and motivated everyday. Marrying Astrid will be the worst day of my life, not that she's not pretty or whatever. There is just no connection, I don't see her the way I see Y/n. My father has also been making me spend more time with Astrid, since "I'm going to be spending all my life with her," he says. I can't stand being near her, or even speaking to her now knowing I am forced to marry her. My dad said now I need to take our friendship to the next level, but I dont consider us even friends. All I want is to hold Y/n in my arms, and tell her how I feel.

Y/n pov

I wake up and rubbed my eyes, the first thing I see is Heather getting ready. I always wake up before her, we're bed bums together. So why is she awake early? But I do miss waking up seeing Hiccup's drawings all over the wall for me to admire. The closet thing to that is Heather's fish bone decor, she's very interesting.
"Well goodmorning bum." I giggle.
"Goodmorning!" She laughs turning to me, then she continued to brush her hair at her desk,
"What are you getting ready for?" I ask.
"Well they're vikings going hunting today for the village, so Gobber needs me at his weapon shop early today. I won't be back till midnight." She sighs.
"So it's just me for the day, fun." I sigh.
"How about you hangout with Hiccup today?" She asks.
"No, I can't." I say getting out of bed,
"Oh so what he's engaged he's still your friend." She says getting up,
"The more I'm with him the more deeper my feelings get." I say fixing the bed,
Heather sighed and gave me a look,
"What?" I ask.
"I think you shouldn't push him away just because of your feelings. But that's your decision." She says walking out the room, and I followed her to the nests,
Luna gave me a hug goodmorning like always, then I cleaned her wound and wrapped it again.
"Her wing looks better." I smile.
"Great, she can fly again soon." Heather smiles feeding her dragon.
"Ugh Heather I can't get what you said out my mind, what do I do?" I ask starting to feed Luna fish,
"Honestly I wouldn't ruin your relationship with him because of his future. You've been friends your whole lives." She says.
I sighed and watched her get on her dragon,
"I got to go now, have fun." She winks.
I smiled and she flew away,
I'm proud of Luna. She's adjusting to life here with me, she can now be separated from me. Before he was attached and scared, but she has learned.
"Luna, what do you want to do today?" I sigh.
She gave me a I dont know look,
"Well how about a walk?" I ask.
She nodded her head and went behind me in between my legs to pick me up, I sat down on her back. Then she walked through the village.
___________________________