• TITANIC •

Characters;

Y/n Johnson (Eldest child)
Matthew Johnson (Father)
Helen Johnson (Mother)
Mary Johnson (Middle child)
William Johnson (Youngest child)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
April 10th, 1912

I'd step out of the motor vehicle. My younger siblings jumped out after me. I looked around at the huge crowd.

"Wow..." gasped William.

I'd look at the giant ship in front of me. I looked at the gold imprinted sign that read, 'Titanic'

"So this is what they call the ship of dreams, aye?' said my father.

"Father, they said this ship was unsinkable. Right?" Mary questioned.

"Correct Mary! God himself could not sink this ship."

My family started walking towards the grandest ship in the world. The men behind us carrying our luggage.

It was about a 5 minute walk to get to the entrance. My family and I took our luggage from the men. We walked up the staircase to the entrance of the Titanic.

My father showed the man standing right outside the entrance our tickets. He motioned his hand to go in.

This is the most elegant ship I've ever seen in my 18 years. I thought to myself.

Once my family and I reached our room, I helped our maid, Ruth, put up some decorations. The room had very plain and empty carved walls.

"Y/n, can you please take me to explore the ship?" my younger brother asked.

"Of course!" I excitedly replied.

I held onto Williams hand. We walked through the crowd of people down the hallway. Everything looked so expensive.

We soon arrived at the upper deck. William let go of my hand and began to run to the railing.

"William! Watch out for the other people." I exclaimed, as he dodged the people around him.

I walked quickly towards William. He had his feet on the bottom rail, looking over into the ocean.

"Be careful." I said, setting my hand on his back.

"Calm down, Y/n. I'm not going to fall off!" William said, teasing me.

I mean, you never know what could happen to a 7 year old leaning over a rail. Usually something bad would happen.

William held onto his hat, admiring the blue sea beneath. I looked away for a split second and saw a boy on a bench near us. He had blonde hair and was wearing suspenders. I looked away, realizing I got distracted.

"Y/n! Look!" William pointed his finger. "Dolphins! Look at them jumping!"

I looked over.

"Look at that one! Y/n! Are you seeing this?" William yelled, cheerfully.

The dolphins were jumping in and out of the water. One of them even did a spin in the air! It was amazing.

I noticed the sun was setting, and the sky was getting orange. I realized we should probably be heading back for dinner.

"Come on William, we should be heading back now."

"Aww... do we have to?" William sighed.

"Yes William. The sun is setting and we probably have to go for dinner soon."

William and I started walking down the deck. I saw my mother walking towards us.

"Y/n! I've been looking for you. I will be taking William with me to fetch some dinner. You have to be down there in 10 minutes!" my mother exclaimed.

"Yes mother. I will be down in 10."

My mother took Williams hand and walked away until I couldn't see them anymore.

I walked back over to the rail. I noticed that same boy from earlier standing close to me, looking over the rail as well.

We locked eyes for a second.

Suddenly, my hat flew away from the breeze. I turned around and started running after it. I couldn't run fast enough because I was wearing a dress.

I stopped running once I saw the same boy running after my hat. He picked it up, walked over to me, and handed my hat back.

"I think you lost this ma'am."

"Oh, why thank you!"

"It sure is windy out isn't it?"

"Sure is! I should probably hold onto my hat next time." I laughed, nervously.

"Jack Dawson, and you?"

"Y/n Johnson. Nice to meet you Mr. Dawson."

"Nono. Call me Jack." he said.

"My apologies, Jack."

His deep blue eyes were hypnotizing. I realized we have been staring at each other for a couple seconds now.

"Well, I should get going. My family probably needs me for dinner." I exclaimed.

"Of course! Nice to meet you, Y/n." he said.

"You too, Jack." I smiled, and walked away.