Chapter 3: Sudden Attack, Feel Nervous and Relieved?

I quickly got up from my seat and checked through the windows. Judging from the bodies of my family members in front of the window staring through it, they had the same idea. I squeezed myself through since most of them were stunned speechless, and what I saw rendered me the same.

'What the fuck...?'

Outside, dead bodies littered the streets. There bodies of the children who were playing outside just a moment ago, some passerby's who were on their way to the market, hell, there was even an upside-down car that crashed on the house that was under construction just across the street from here.

Suddenly, a figure appeared on the street, walking down the lane littered with corpses like it was normal for him. He wore a maniacal grin on his face and was dressed in a black trench coat. On his hand, he held some sort of sword. I said sort of sword because it looked mechanical in every aspect, except for its blade.

"Everybody hide!" my uncle screamed out, causing my shocked relatives to snap back to reality. Good job for getting them back to reality, but you didn't think this through uncle. Reason being the man on the street locked his gaze towards us.

'Oh fuck,' I cursed. My mother quickly grabbed my hand, as well as my brother's and ran through the back door. My uncle grabbed his daughter and held her in his arms while his wife clutched onto his arm. Then my other aunt quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed a kitchen knife for self-defense and followed us out the back door.

Me I just rolled with it. Not the first time I was dragged by the flow of situations. That didn't stop me from being nervous however. Before we moved however, I snuck in an [Identify] on the unknown threat.

Name: Ygrovv

Age: 35

Gender: Male

Race: ?

Level: ?

Str: ?

Agi: ?

Int: ?

Okay, screw that. I'm runnin'. If it's one thing I ever learned from gamer novels, fanfictions, and mangas, it's that you never mess with those who have question marks on their status page. Now, how to persuade my family to follow me when they don't even believe anything I say.

While I was contemplating, my other uncle who lived next door appeared, along with his wife and children, handgun in hand. He was retired military after all. Glad to see he isn't that rusty, even though he is close to becoming a Pastor.

Meanwhile, they discussed their plans. I just stood silent, alert and ready to retaliate if ever the man appeared before us. Ah right, they were also praying to the Lord for protection and forgiveness.

I heard footsteps coming from inside the house, and it seemed that my relatives heard it as well. My soldier uncle stepped in front of us all and brought the pistol up and clicked the safety off. I stepped behind and approached my nervous cousin, his mother, another auntie of mine, praying for safety. Dang, we're a huge family.

"Hey Jaz, you good?" I asked and he stared at me like I grew a second head.

"Of course I ain't good!" He half-shrieked, half-whispered. Can't fault him for that, we might die today after all.

In an instant, a gunshot went off and we were once again swept by our relatives and got to running. I just realized that there were screaming, fire, and sirens going off around the area. Just what the hell happened?

I scanned my relatives and saw that we were short one member. Looks like my soldier uncle stayed behind to buy us time. His children will be in despair later since there is a high chance he won't make it.