Chapter 4: New Body, New World

It's been 5 months since I've been reincarnated as a baby, and the time spent as a baby was in one word, embarrassing. Imagine this, you have the mental age of a 19-year-old, the time where you start thinking of yourself and being independent more, then you get stuck inside a baby's body and lose control of all bodily functions.

Being unable to control your bladder and bowels was downright humiliating. What's more, having that beautiful post-teen maid clean up after my mess, and I was still 5 months old so I still had to endure this humiliation for more months to come!

Anyway, complaints aside, I spent my time increasing the level of [Identify] with my meager reserves of Mana. Why meager you ask? Well, it's because of this perk.

Newborn – You are a baby. You are weak, both physically and mentally. Reduce all stats except Luck to 5%. Exchanged to [Infant] upon reaching 1st birthday.

Yeah, it feels like this game is actively nerfing me so I don't get OP immediately. This isn't a novel damn it! I want to become OP ASAP so I can spend my time doing things I like! Not grind for years only to reach the middle-tier strength of my current world where enemies can still one shot me!

I mentally sighed and stared at the ceiling from the safety of my wooden crib. I can't do anything drastic since there is always a person guarding me 24/7. Be they maids, butlers, or even my own family. I forgot to mention this as well, I have 3 siblings, one twin sister, one older sister, and one older brother. My brother is the eldest, and if I really am born in a noble family in this kingdom, then he is the heir.

And you guessed it, Feudalism is the operating government in this kingdom. My family has the Earl title, not that high up on the pecking order. The history of my family I have no idea as of now since they won't give me the education seeing as I'm still a newborn.

I can't even practice the magic I gained after getting [Mana Manipulation]. Bah, looks like it'll have to wait. I'll max [Identify] for the moment until I get more leeway.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Two more months passed and I finally maxed out [Identify] after grinding it like no tomorrow, using it on maids and butlers, as well as my family members. I no longer have to use MP to use [Identify], so I can now spam it at targets to know their info. And boy were there a lot of information. Here's a simple one from my father.

Name: Maximillos Colinus

Title: Sleeping Bear

Age: 43

Gender: Male

Level: ?

Str: ?

Vit: ?

End: ?

Agi: ?

Dex: ?

Int: ?

Wis: ?

Luc: ?

Bio: Maximillos is a renowned adventurer from the noble family of Colinus. Once the third son of the family, now reinstated heir and lord after the death of the previous heir. Maximillos was, and is still a frightening fighter, even if he is packing up on age currently. He was also known for his near ballistic rage whenever someone tried harming those he cares about, thus gaining him the title of 'Sleeping Bear' from the Guild Headmasters themselves. He still sucks at politics though.

Damn, if dad (I'm calling him dad) knew politics along with his skill with fighting, then he would be a tremendous badass.

"Seth!" a chipper voice came from beyond the door. I twisted my head a bit and glanced at the tiny (but huge figure for me) stare back at me with bright, green eyes, a blazing smile plastered on her face. Surprisingly, I could understand what everybody was saying, even if I knew it was in a different language. "Ahh!!! You're so cute! Give me a hug!"