Chapter 7: Aftermath

"... Where am I?" I asked aloud as my eyes fluttered open, the light coming from the windows causing me to squint. I heard a rustling from the bedside and turned my gaze towards the noise, which led me to stare in the teary eyes of my older sister Lynette.

"Seth! You're awake!" she screamed at the top of her lungs and tried to do a massive divebomb towards me, only to be stopped by Stefan who held her back with his arm, gaze narrowing at Lynette.

"Careful sister, he is still recovering," he said before lowering his arm down once Lynette calmed down.

"I- yes... Of course, sorry for that outburst, Seth," she apologized with a bow, but still settled with grasping my tiny hand in hers, an action which Stefan condoned with a stoic nod.

He may look emotionless, but beneath all that indifferent exterior, I knew he was worried about us.

"It's alright," I replied and lifted my upper body from the comfy bed. This caused my siblings to overreact and tried to stop me, but I held up my hand at them with a smile, "I'm fine, where's Lyra?"

Their faces grew solemn, Lynette even more so, causing my eyes to widen. "Is she...?"

"No, she's alive..." she quickly cut me off before continuing, "it's just..."

"She's suffered too much physical injuries to be healed quickly," Stefan stated bluntly, hoping to get the news out in the open before Lynette could change the subject.

"Stefan!"

"No, he needs to know this," he returned with a frown. "For a child, he is pretty mature, so he can handle it... probably..."

Those last words were barely a whisper, but I heard it loud and clear, and by looking at Lynette's face, so did she. Lynette wanted to refute him, but I stopped her before she could and hopped out of bed.

"Seth! You're supposed to be resting!" Lynette all but pleaded, but I ignored her in favor of doing moves that a weak and recovering person couldn't do.

"I'm fine, see," I gestured towards my body, "but Lyra isn't. I need to see her, and you both also need to see her."

But something was wrong with this situation. My older siblings are here, but our parents weren't. Hell, not even one of our parents was present when one of their children needed them the most. I narrowed my eyes at the two before opening my mouth.

"Where is Lyra?" this got the both of them to stiffen, "well...? They left the estate, didn't they?"

"... For a child, you are very perceptive," Stefan dryly chuckled as his stoic mask came off. "Yes, they left towards the city, looking for a doctor to treat Lyra's injuries."

"... They do know that's a bad move, right?" I asked with a hint of uncertainty. Both of them had confused faces on them, and I had to facepalm.

"What do you mean bad move? They're looking for a healer to heal our sister!" Lynette all but made an outburst, eyes glaring at me like scum.

"... Oh shit..." Stefan briefly stated once he had an idea where I was going. Lynette who was still too angry to notice was about to tear me into two, but was hindered by Stefan yet again.

"Not like you to curse, brother," I said with mirth laced in my voice. He glared at me and I promptly shut up. Damn my dark humor...

"Lynette, remember when Lyra had that... episode a few months back?" Stefan asked with a bit of fear at recollecting the terrifying memory. Lynette snapped out of her anger and recalled the time when Lyra went out of control.