2nd February, 2015

"When this monster entered my brain, I will never know, but it is here to stay. How does one cure himself? I can't stop it, the monster goes on, and hurts me as well as society. Maybe you can stop him. I can't."

-Dennis Rader

---

Dear diary,

What a fuck up I am! I messed up so bad. I am barely able to write this down, my hands are shaking so much. Things didn't go quite without a glitch this time and I hate the amount of anxiety it's bringing in me right now. The dark side had taken over unexpectedly and I acted out of impulse.

Today could have been the end.

As usual, I spent two days searching for my victim. I finally found one. A young business man who would come to the same cafe every morning as I would. The cafe was on the outskirts of town about twenty minutes from where I live and I would see him there every day. The place was always quiet and there were barely any people around.

So, one day, I followed him. He would leave his door half open before he would rush in to grab his order. It would take him exactly three minutes to grab his order and rush back into the car. Today, while he went inside the cafe, I sneaked into the backseat. I ahd grabbed a tape and a pair of scissors. I crouched down as much as I could to prevent him from noticing me.

As soon as he entered, I quickly wrapped the tape around his head.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

His nails clawed against my skin in protest until they finally became unmoving. I grabbed the scissors and cut of the tape before dragging him over to the back seat.

No pulse.

I hurriedly pulled out the small knife and cut his torso out, packing it in a huge polythene bag. I left the limbs and the head right there, the leather seats covered in blood. When I was getting out, I noticed a CCTV camera facing away slightly from where I was standing.

Shit.

Without drawing much attention, I ran away, as fast as I could.

Now, I can only hope nothing goes wrong.

One more left.

Until then,

Ace.

A/n :

Word count: 335 words