the night of the incident

I was standing on the small city bridge staring into the sunset. Such a beautiful world with such cruel people.

 I looked down into the dark river below as the wind rushed through my hair. It was a cold night but for me it seemed warm and calming. I slowly climbed over the barrier, looked up at the clear evening sky. I genuinely smiled for the first time in a long time. I was reviled and ready to die so I jumped.

Suddenly my body filled with cold as I fell into the water. I could feel sharp pain in my stomach and my lungs felt like they would explode. I could still see the big bright moon in the night sky as I sunk to the bottom of the river. Abruptly I saw a black figure appear in front of the moon light. it was swimming towards me and I could feel a warm touch as it pulled me out of the river, where I collapsed unconscious.

I woke up in the hospital one week after the incident. My right leg was in a cast, my left hip ached in pain and my head hurt uncontrollably. I rubbed my eyes from the bright light and saw a boy sleeping by my bedside. 

I poked him in the head, he didn't react. I shacked him harder and he finally woke up.                  "Just a bit longer...... she will wake up" he mumbled. I shacked him again " Fine, fine I am going" he said while looking up at me. As soon as he saw me he froze. His face looked tired with big bags under his eyes. His eyes were green as grass in spring, his hair was as black as the night sky and was quite long and messy made in a ponytail. his skin was pale and he had a tattoo on his neck.

When he realized what had happened his face brightened with a wide smile.                                          "She is awake, She is awake" he screamed and ran out of the room calling  a doctor.

I looked around. On the table beside my bed there were a dozen of flowers, chocolates and presents. Outside the window the birds were chirping and flowers were blooming. It looked the same as when I left it.