My Miracle

The next morning I woke up to a cock singing in the distance. Well you couldn't really call I singing more like yelling. I looked around, it was early morning and the sun was barely up. My mother suddenly came in my room " The breakfast is ready sweetie" " Ok mum I am coming" I said still blinded by the sunlight as she pulled the blinds open.

I got out of bed and opened the closet. I didn't really know what to wear so I just picked out some brownish overalls and a yellow t-shirt. I went down for breakfast and everyone was already at the table, even Jonathan, " Isn't it a bit early for you to be here?" I asked rubbing my eyes " I am used to waking up early, you'll need to keep up with the schedule" * Oh, boy * I thought and sighed as I thought about waking up even earlier than now.

For breakfast we had waffles with milk, which mom said came from my favorite cow, Becky. After breakfast Jonathan helped to wrap my leg in a protective cast so I didn't need to use the crunches. It was uncomeatable but my mum reassured me that I needed to wear it only for 3 more days or so because I only had a sprain. It was still hard to walk but better than with crunches. we then went out side and as we waked out of the little garden in the front yard my mum yelled " curfew is at 11 o'clock be back by then!"

Me and Jonathan hurried to the stable " You will love this, well you did love this, anyway this is Miracle " he said rushing into the stable and pointing to a white horse. It was the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life. The horse was so clean and white it looked like an angel. It was elegant and I felt a kind of comfort around her, like I would be able to travel anywhere I only needed her and that's it. It really seemed like she was my "miracle."

I immediately wanted to ride her. My muscle memory took over me and I walked straight into a little side room grabbed the third saddle from the top and put it on Miracle, I then grabbed a helmet, I adjusted everything correctly like I've been doing this for years, and took Miracle outside. Jonathan was just standing there in amusement not saying a word. " You really did love that horse huh?" He chuckled and helped me get onto the horse. The horse didn't even flinch she completely trusted me.

He then ran back to the stable and got himself his own horse " This handsome fella is Cosmo" he said as he led the horse outside. It was a beautiful horse. It was brown with a weird kind of scar on its back left leg, but I could barely see it. The horse looked quite old and wise. Miracle suddenly moved towards Cosmo. It scared me a bit and I almost fell of, but at the last second I grabbed the horses mane. " Oh, I am so sorry" I said in worry as I thought I had hurt the horse. "Don't worry horses don't feel their mane", Really?" I said in disbelieve. " Yeah, you can hold on to if you want, but I will give you a rein to control her. You would usually put your feet in the peddles but because of your cast for now I will lead her behind us." " Oh, yeah, ok"

He attached Cosmo to Miracle and got on Cosmo's back. " Ok, relax your legs for now, hold on to the rein oh. and don't forget to keep your back straight. Got it?" he asked " oh y...yeah" I said trying not to forget all of the information at once".

I checked everything to be sure I was dong everything right and we set off. We first did a couple of circles around the stable so I could get used to sitting on a horse. All I could see was trees and more trees, so I was wondering where were all the animals because I was promised chickens, cows and sheep at the breakfast table. At the last circle we turned in a small path. The trees were getting closer and closer but the horses weren't scared they seemed to know this path of by heart.

I could soon see a little light trying to break through the thick trees. It looked like a light at the end of a dark tunnel. We got closer and closer until I was blinded by the sudden light. When I opened my eyes we were at a beautiful meadow. It was like we were in a whole different universe from the one I saw while driving through the town. The sun was now fully up and the flower were fully blooming, you could see the small drops of water on the flower pedals. Further in the distance I could see four cows feeding on the tall juicy grass.

We rode closer to the cows when I noticed there was a low fence hidden under the tall grass. It seemed as although the cows would be able to just jump over the fence with no difficulty they didn't. We rode closer to the fence and Jonathan jumped off the horse. He then walked up to me and said " Ok now put your left leg over Miracles back and I'll catch you so you don't hurt your right leg, trust me" " Ok..." I said hesitantly. I carefully tried to put my left leg over the saddle but my other leg slipped, as it wasn't supported anywhere, and I slipped and fell.

It all happened in an instant and I didn't know what happened. My eyes were closed and I was ready to fall on the ground but I didn't. I could hear a heartbeat, I opened my eyes and saw Jonathans face, I stared into his eyes. He was so close. His eyes were even more beautiful up close, they were green as the juicy grass on a spring morning and it was like I could get lost in them. I felt like I could read exactly what he was like I stared at him for a few seconds feeling my heart beating faster and faster.

" A..are you ok?" he asked " Oh, um... y..yeah thanks" I said as he put me down in the grass. I looked down * what's wrong with me stop it Hope, get yourself together* I thought as my face turned red as a tomato.