I

Friday / 9:41 pm / The Miller's House

Kali's POV

A low whistle filled the air as Kali Bowden climbed up the outdoor steps. Her hand vibrated to the beat of the music that was blasting out the two-story mansion. She had been to Tristan Miller's house more times than she could count, but she was always amazed each time she came; decorative lawn, stoned pathways, even the windows looked expensive. The glass door revealed teenagers mingling with their peers, some closer to each other to the point they were definitely not peers. Averting her gaze with disgust, she stepped towards the door.

A hand quickly shoved the door open before vomiting on the nice stone path, merely inches from Kali's shoes.

"Blaine wins!" a cry of voices shout from the front room. Pinching their nose from both the unfortunate event they just witnessed and annoyance, Kali remembered exactly why they never came to parties.

A staggering individual appeared at the door to look at the loser before she locked gazes with Kali. "Kali! You made it!" The blonde grabbed her hand and pulled her inside, before giving her a bone-crushing hug. Tristan's bedroom was the first room when a person walked into the house, and from the looks of it, every new arrival to the party was gathered in his room. This was definitely going to be harder than she thought.

Sighing, Kali patted the girl's back, just as Evelyn handed her a flower pot. Kali accepted it from her, as the girl tripped over her own feet. "Rosie, have you seen-"

"Oopies. The ship's rockin' again. Sit with me, Kali, before we fall overboard into the seaaaa," Evelyn fell against the table, dragging Kali and the expensive pot with her. "Ooooo marshmallows." The girl's hand inched towards the decorative bowl filled with white rocks and colorful flowers. Kali pulled her hand away before she could pop a rock into her mouth.

Setting down the pot, she pulled Evelyn away from the 'marshmallows' and onto a nearby sofa. "Evelyn, I need to find Tristan," she told her firmly. "Where can I find him?"

Eyelids half-closed, she leaned forward in front of her face. "Find who?" She quickly stood up, nearly falling on the low coffee table. "I do see a guy who can get to know me if you know what I mean?"

"I do not." Sighing, she pushed her back down and decided to go with a simpler question. "Evelyn, how much have you drank?"

Evelyn hummed loudly before replying, "Fourrrrr."

"Four what? Four cups? Four bottles?"

"Teennnn. Fourteennnn, yeah. Cups?" she hiccuped. "I think they were cups?"

Kali dragged a hand over their face, before spotting a familiar individual. Her eyes first landed on a dark tanned male carrying a heavy box away from a large group. His face was masked with annoyance despite the pair of sunglasses on his face. Nicolas Garica was not the most observant teenager, but at least he appeared to be sober, she thought.

A longing face caught her eye as he accidentally bumped into her and she felt herself freeze up. She watched as Nicolas quickly stopped to briefly speak to Shandlor, before returning to his destination, leaving Shandor to give him a genuine smile.

Her smiles are gorgeous, she thought as she continued to watch Shandor. Blinking, they buried their face into their hands to hide their embarrassment. Averting away from the girl, she focused back on Nicolas. It took her a few seconds to spot him, but his yellow shirt quickly separated him from the others and she watched him disappear behind a corner. New mission, integrate Nico nicely.

She almost snuck away before remembering the drunk Evelyn, who was now in the middle of a breakdown. "-I did not mean to crash into the hard liquor cabinet. It just happened! Then the glass just went woooosh and everyone went yay! And-"