IV

Quack / Quack / Qumanji

Evil Quack POV

Chief Barrier had finished his villainous speech to his soldiers and dismissed them without questions. They knew their place and Evil Quack knew his place as being the Chief's trusted right-hand man. And no that did not mean he was his pet sidekick. He was more than some stupid sidekick because he was self-aware and ruthless, just like his chief. The beanie Paddle turned to his companion waiting for any sort of special assignment.

"I have felt a disturbance in my world... like new blood," the Chief said to himself. He rubbed his rough hand through his curly black beard. The Chief was not the most literate smart, always using my and mine instead of our and ours. It was a common habit that he seemed to have trouble breaking. Of course, like the good friend Evil Quack was, he allowed it to slide. The Chief's gray eyes flit to Evil Quack's beady black eyes. "Do you feel it too my pet?"

There was that revolting word again: Pet. He was no pet but a terrifying and powerful Paddle. He could feel the feathers ruffling on his back in anger. So much anger that his tiny mortal body could not contain. The chief patted his head before Evil Quack could attack his puny hand.

"Your ruffled feathers give me all the knowledge I need, my trusted friend," the chief patted his head once more while watching his soldiers go about their duties. "I need you to find them. Send your paddling army to scope for them. Don't kill them but lead them to me."

His feathers ceased their display in emotion but instead, he stretched out his wings. He would find them. The Chief trusted him and he had not let him down once. Letting out his call, he alerted the message of what was expected of them. The new bloods better hide, but even then there is no escape in Jumanji. He would know because he was one of them once.

Day 1 in video game / Sun is almost setting / Zumka

Tristan POV

Their large group was having zero luck finding a loop hole - he would call it a portal but Nicolas said he was still convince that this still might be an unexplained alien event - to getting out of this world. The four teenagers collapsed at a sad looking bar drinking drinks that tasted like nothing because of course it was just a game (he wondered how Nicolas was going to prove that theory of the tasteless drinks). He stirred his finger around the edge of his glass, kind of sad that his first taste of alcohol was from a video game that neither burned his throat nor gave him a fuzzy feeling... unless he was drunk? or maybe it was a dream like Delta had said earlier? But if it was a game than why did his father have it? 

"Tristan? Hey," a firm shake on his shoulder brought him away from his daze gazed at his empty glass. His best friend tilted their head, worry etched her character's face. With unspoken words, he knew she was asking: Are you okay?

Kali had pulled herself out of the other conversation, by the looks of it, and seemed to notice his intense thoughts. He hated to think that his friendship with her was almost ruined by his father, to think that he thought he had a say in his life was almost laughable. Kali's hand gave a not-so-gentle squeeze which caused her to wince apologetically.