Part 5

After Breakfast with Gaito and Koura, I remembered that I had lost my pearl necklace that I use to wear around my neck. I looked over at Gaito who was beginning to leave somewhere. I didn't want to seem suspicious as I stared at him. The previous light hearted moments between me, him and koura seemed to darken as the little one ran off to clean the house and do the chores. It was just me and him in the same room but you could hear a pin drop in comparison to a couple of hours ago when this place was bustling with energy. I watched Gaito put on his jacket. "Well, I'm off. I hope you'll know better not to try and escape like the others. They had to learn the hard way." said Gaito in a cold manner. I refused to look at him, still searching for my necklace. "Gaito, I couldn't care less about escaping, I'm nothing without that necklace of mine.. " I said frantically. He smirked "Indeed you are. Just a shrimp in a sea of sharks. ". His reactions just perplexed me, I couldn't understand why he seemed to be playful and silly towards me when he was the one who kidnapped me and took me to this deep dark dungeon under the sea. As he left he did the most shocking thing I've seen him do. He kissed me on the forehead. I didn't have enough time to react. As soon as I felt embarrassed by the kiss, he left quickly with one of his dark lovers by his side. I was flustered. I couldn't focus on my plan to find the necklace and get out of there. I searched the entire dungeon until I found a hidden key under the mat that unlocked a secret door. The little one, Koura came towards me and exclaimed "Miss, I'll get in big trouble if you go in there! It's best for both of us you just stay still. Okay?". I nodded, and made it look like I was preparing some tea for myself. When she finally left, after I made her do when I told her I saw the dark lovers fighting again. She hated to see them fight over Gaito. They'd break ever pot and pan before reaching a logical conclusion. The coast was clear and I opened the door easily. The room seemed quite fancy and more of a guest room until I noticed a music box that played a familiar melody. I knew that song, It was the song of the former orange mermaid, Sara. I couldn't help but be brought to tears as "beautiful wish" started playing and echoed throughout the room. I fell to my knees and and punched the wall in frustration. "Did he know where she was? Did he hurt her? why does he have this??" I thought all kinds of things about Gaito. A box fell from the shelf on the wall. Pictures of gaito and sara were scattered around the floor. Alongslide my necklace. Distracted by the pictures I put my necklace on, only to stare empty into the picture3s. "I guess gaito used to know how to love, I wonder what happened." . The door shut on me as I got up. "I knew you'd betray me too. " I heard Gaito's voice on the other end. Oh no. 

P.S. : hello everyone. here is the update! sorry for making you guys wait. I started this story because I love mermaid melody and I noticed there wasn't any gaito x reader stories. I didn't plan on finishing but a lot of people seemed to like it. So here you are! a new chapter years later. Hopefully I will finish this story. Thank you all for reading!