02 → the first day back

THE FIRST DAY BACK

❝ THE FIRST DAY BACK ❞

➴ ➵ ➶ ➴ ➵ ➶

Anybody in the Dunbar house knew Emma was having a good morning by the pop songs playing from her room, Emma sang along to the words as she tried to figure out what to wear for her first day of sophomore year. Since Emma was away for the entire summer she didn't get the chance to go back to school shopping. So all of her clothes screamed freshman Emma, and she wanted the outfit that screamed sophomore, Emma.

Lydia was going to arrive in forty-five minutes and Emma still had her hair in a messy ponytail and was dressed in her duck pajamas. Emma didn't have one drop of makeup on her face yet, luckily makeup didn't take her very long to complete.

The blonde held up two dresses to her body in front of the mirror, there was a knock on the door. They waited for Emma to allow them to come in before that door opened. Liam opened the door looking insanely tired. They went to bed pretty late last night, so they didn't get a full night's sleep. "It's way too early to be playing your music" Liam grumbled. Emma furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, is my speaker too loud? I'll turn it down," Emma apologized, she walked over to her phone and decreased the volume, so the music was softly playing. "Oh while you're here, which dress?"

Emma held the yellow sundress up to her before she held up the baby pink sundress. Liam looked at the dresses and back up to her with an annoyed look on his face, "Emma, they're the same dress" Liam replied crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, but they're different colors" Emma replied, Liam's eyebrow raised in confusion. He opened his mouth to speak but shut it, thinking about his words carefully.

"The pink one," Liam pointed towards the dress in her hand, Emma's smile dropped into a pout as she looked at the pink dress. "Oh my — then the yellow one" Liam rolled his eyes.

"Yes! Good choice," Emma sang as she hung the pink one back up and laid the yellow dress on her bed. Liam rolled his eyes before he turned and left her room. "Oh, Liam!" Emma called for him, he stopped and stuck his head back in. "There's breakfast on the counter if you're hungry!"

"What time did you get up this morning?" Liam quizzed, Emma, shrugged her shoulders.

"Like 5:00," Emma answered as she sat down at her vanity and pulled her hair from the ponytail. Liam's jaw slacked before he closed it. Emma was a morning person, it didn't matter how many hours of sleep she got. She was still the cheeriest person in the world. "I wanted to make sure we were well fed this morning! Plus Malia passed, so I had to make cupcakes."