4. She's Evil

1966

Time flew by with Benny. They were always together. Going to dinners, spending almost every night together, Benny distracting from her work. Which was even more amazing with some help from him. They counted on each other, and though they hadn't said the actual L word yet, Lacy knew what she felt and wanted.

"Benny, you have to stop. I need to get my work done." Lacy giggle as Benny pressed kisses all over her body.

"I can help you with that later." He continued kissing her. Lacy roller her eyes with a smile.

"You said that last time, and it's still not done. It's due tomorrow morning. If we have plans tonight, I need to get this done now." She brought his head up to hers, leaving a long kiss on his lip. Benny pulled away with a sigh.

"Okay fine." He pouted like a child making Lacy laugh. She turned back to her work.

"I leave in two weeks for Mexico, feels like last week we were at the Open. Soon well be at the Us Championships." Lacy looked at her article, making sure every line was perfect. "I don't think I want to go. There's going to be so many reporters there." She sighed, a little stressed out.

"Don't worry about them, you're twice the writer they'll every be." Benny kissed her cheek. She smiled, looking up at him.

"We should get ready if we are to meet everyone at 9." She sent her work in, and closed up all her notes with a sigh of relief.

-------

The bar was loud, mixed coloured lights hung low from the ceiling. The smell of booze and sweat filled Lacy's nose. She had been here once before with Benny, but they didn't stay for long. Lacy was excited to see everyone. She was ready to let loose and party a little. She felt Benny slip away, but she saw a short haired lady standing next to the bar.

"Cleo!" Lacy squealed.

"Lacy!" Cleo reacted the same. They held each other give kisses on each cheek before pulling each other to the bar. Lacy was gripped into a hug by both Hilton and Arther. She laughed loud.

"Hello boys." She smiled at them. "Getting into trouble already I see." She laughed as they already had Benny at a table gambling against another man with a big crowd around them.

"You know us, gotta start the night off right." Hilton smiled at her. Lacy grabbed her drink along with a beer for Benny. She sat the beer on the table beside her boyfriend, kissing him quickly hoping to mess up his game for a second, but it didn't work. Cleo laughed taking a spot beside her.

"How much is on the table boys?" She asked innocently.

"20 bucks." The man across from Benny answered. This was what she did, she worked the crowd.

"Hmmm. I think you have what it takes to beat him, what do you say to a bigger bet? Unless you think you're going to lose." She batted her eyelashes at the man who looked in a trance. The crowd cheered loud until he gave in. He ended up pilling out another 30 bucks.

"50 per game." He said with confidence. Benny shrugged with a small smirk.

"I have the money." He gave his girl a wink. In 24 moves the man had lost, handing the first 50 to Benny. The man played 3 more times losing each time until he was too humiliated, and left.

Benny ran to Lacy, picking her up and spinning her around with 200 dollars in his hand. "I will always bet on you!" She grabbed his face kissing him. Their three friends laughed as the couple celebrated. Lacy took the hat off his head, placing it on hers. Both were purely happy.

"You two are evil together." Arther laughed out. They went back to having fun with their friends. Drinking and laughing like they were preparing for war. By the end of the night they were all drunk having a great time. Hilton and Arther thought they could beet Lacy in a game which ended costing them 20 bucks each. Even drunk she was good.