6. 30 Moves

When Lacy woke up Benny was already gone. A note stuck to the side table. Getting coffee and breakfast. Benny x

Getting up from her bed Lacy took a second to stretch. She had a lot to do, she had to write the anticipation article on tomorrows match between Beth and Benny. She started her morning by jumping in the shower, she felt her body relax as the warm water ran over her skin. Lacy took the extra time to massage the shampoo into her hair, closing her eyes, she signed as she rinsed it out of her hair. Letting the water run over her skin, she had felt like this whole trip was a mistake, but it wasn't just a trip, it was her job.

Getting out of the shower she threw her towel around her. She walked out of the bathroom, grabbing her beige dress from her bag. She slipped it on with ease, looking at herself in the mirror. Lacy saw her features looked exhausted. She wrapped her towel around her hair, not wanting to use the hair dryer. Going back to the bathroom, she did a bolder makeup look to her tired face.

Looking at her watch confused, she had been at least an hour getting ready. It was now quarter past 11. How long had Benny been out? Lacy decided she was going to go for a walk. She locked the hotel room, making her way out of the building. The cool air hit her face, causing her to take a big breath of it. Her eyes squinted as the bright sun hit her eyes. She felt a lazy smile take over her face, just being out of the room made her feel better.

Lacy decided she would check the student union, just incase Benny had gotten food and got caught up in a game with their breakfast. No luck there, she did get a coffee while she was there, just to give her a little more energy. She didn't know the area at all so her walk was only where they had been. She made her way towards the university. She watched people pass her, taking small sips of her coffee. She loved the bitter taste.

The women walked on the campus only to be stopped in her tracks. She chewed the inside of her cheek as she watched Benny sitting on a bench with Beth. She knew she should jump to conclusions, but her mind buzzed with questions. He'd had gone out for her and ended up with Beth. Lacy felt betrayed. She turned quick on her heel, walking away. She couldn't get the image out of her mind. She was furious. She wished she could just disappear in the moment.

Lacy rushed back to the hotel. She felt like a mess. She needed a distraction. She picked up all her things, packing them into her bag. She cleaned the whole room. Lacy pulled out her work, trying to just do her job, with no emotions on the topic.

Lacy worked for a hour or so before she heard the door open. "Hey babe, have you been in here all morning?" She looked at her watch, it was almost 2. She took a deep breath, continuing her work. Benny placed a bag of food on the desk beside Lacy.

"Breakfast?" Her voice was cold, taking Benny off guard.

"Are you okay?" He sat in the corner. Lacy hated feeling weak, she knew that was most of her problem. This relationship Benny had with Beth made her feel insecure and pathetic.

"You've been gone for hours." Lacy's eyes didn't look at him.

"Yeah, sorry I lost track of time. Did you eat?" He looked at her coffee cup on the desk.

"Lost track of time with Beth." Finally she brought her eyes to meet his. Bennys face twisted in confusion.

"I was apologizing for last night. What is the problem with Beth." He got up from the chair walking closer to her.

"I don't know, maybe it's because you "see things the same", or the way she looks at you, or maybe it's because you seem to be more taken with her than you are with me." Her voice raised but she hadn't yelled, even though she held anger in her voice. Her head fell towards the floor unable to look him in the eyes anymore.