7. Bring Back the Party

Lacy woke up to a kiss being planted on her cheek. "Good morning darling." A ruff voice greeted her. She kept her eyes closed, but a smile pulling at her lips made it clear she was awake. "I see you smiling." Benny pointed out. Still Lacy refused to move. "Fine, be like that." The bed moved causing the girl to sink into the empty spot beside her. That was until Benny jumped on her, attacking her body with kisses. Giggles erupted out of her mouth as he continued to tickle and kiss her. "Say it!" He demanded. Lacy could hardly breath she was laughing so hard. "Say it back and I'll stop."

"Good morning!" Lacy huffed out, feeling her boyfriends weight shift. Brushing away tears she looked up to see him straddling her. "Get off me cowboy." She laughed out. He loved the sound of her laugh, or the way she always loved to sleep in.

"That's not very nice, I thought you'd like me on top of you." He winked. Lacy felt her face warm up. "Now come on, we have to get up or we aren't going to leave here in time." Benny got off the bed, watching as Lacy pulled the covers over her head. "Don't make me tickle you again." With that she sprung out of her position, groaning.

"I'm up!" She shouted in a panic.

---------

Beth had taken the back seat on their way to New York. Lacy turned the radio up, letting them all sing along with the music. The reporter took the long car ride to get her work done. Most of it was done, all she had to do was finalize her work, the rest was already written. She would release and article in a few days with interviews from both Benny and Beth about their match. That was also almost written thanks to the after math at the bar.

After a few hours of mind chess, and practicing Russian, Beth had fallen asleep in a comfortable looking position in the back. Lacy stayed awake the whole time. She loved the scenery, everything so open, free. She had only truly got to experience that a few times in her life. But she wished she could stay there, no neighbours, no traffic, no crowded areas, space and light where ever you look.

There was only an hour and a half until they got to New York. They had been driving for so long, that the sun was already going down, giving them a beautiful pink and orange sunset to watch. Lacy watched Benny drum his finger on the steering wheel to the beat of the music, as he payed attention to the road. His eyes shifted, watching every twist and turn carefully. "Hey." His deep eyes turned to look at her, then back towards the road.

"Hey." Her voice was light. She could feel her eyes relax on him, a light smile was barely visible on her lips.

"You don't have to stay awake you know." He stated, his voice showed he cared.

"I know, I want to." She pulled her legs up on towards her chest. Benny nodded, spreading his arm out to her, taking her hand in his. "I love you, you know." Her light voice made him feel like he was floating, replaying those words in his mind. He didn't know what this was about, but he felt butterflies in is stomach when his eyes met hers.

"And you know that I love you too." He brought her hand to his lips. "Try to get some rest, you look tired." His thumb ran gentle circles over the back of her hand. Lacy nodded. Pulling herself into a tight ball on the seat. Benny had reached to turn the radio up, to preoccupy his mind.

"Wake me up if I don't wake up before New York. I want to see the lights." She smiled resting the side of her head against her head rest.

--------

After an hour Benny decided to wake Lacy up. "Lacy." He carefully nudged her. Her long black eyelashes fluttered as she opened her tired eyes. "Look at the lights." His warm smile welcomed her as she came to understand where they were. Lacy's head whipped around to her window. She was awestruck. No matter how many times she would see the lights, she still found them breath taking. Lacy grabbed Benny's hand in pure joy. "Welcome back." Benny watched her face, she was in awe at the city, thats what he felt when he looked at her.