Chapter Two: "MELIODAS!"

I woke up in my new bed, the sun shining through the small window to the left of me. I rub my eyes trying to adjust to the early morning light illuminating the entire space. I admire the sun and silence for a bit, admiring how everyone was asleep in their beds just how I was moments ago and without hesitation I jump out of bed to bathe and dress. Morning was always the best time to do anything for me, the peace, the quiet breeze, the early birds chirping, listening to the water from the stream nearby flow, everything about Liones is just so peaceful in a way that makes me want to smile again. I missed this place of serenity and warmth, unlike my base awhile away, it was temporary with no warmth at all. 

I stroll down the village streets, no one was around, no one to judge or humiliate me for my appearance. Just the wind flowing through my clothing, and whisking my hair along with it. I couldn't help but turn around when I feel a presence behind me, I look up to see Ban staring down at me but instead of telling him to leave like I normally would I say nothing, turning back around to continue walking with him at my side. Oddly, I see Ban differently than I do the others, I don't know what the feeling is that I felt with him last night but I'm getting the same one now. 

He walks with his hands in his pockets with a slouch, nervous shiver down my spine. His presence is different from Meliodas's or Elizabeth's, it's so carefree and relaxed that it's making me feel the same way. I glance over at the tall figure to my left who was coincidentally doing the same. "Is there something you'd like to ask?" I finally say, I can tell he wants to say something but is holding back. He looks at the ground for a moment before side eyeing me again. "Last night, you said something about breaking your curse, what was it?" he raises an eyebrow. I admire his curiosity and the unexpected question that I wasn't ready to really answer. I can tell he's been thinking about this for longer than the few moments we started walking together and is the reason why he's been following me so I answer him question with another question. 

"Why do you ask?" I deflect his question although something in me told me to tell him the full truth. His charm, maybe, but whatever it is is making it hard to talk to Ban. 

"I don't know, maybe Merlin can make a potion to break it." Ban grunts. I want to laugh at how he thinks things can be fixed with a simple potion, maybe not in my case but I remember Merlin, the woman with the revealing clothes. She's everything I want to be, powerful, beautiful, and friendly. I let all my insecure thoughts cloud my head like usually but not on purpose. Almost forgetting to answer Ban's question. "It's not that simple, it's something I am incapable of doing." I respond and with the first time, confidence. That was the first time I was able to say something with such confidence, too bad it was that and not something pleasant. 

I can tell Ban's gears are turning, thinking of all the horrid things a person can do to lift a curse like mine. "What, you gotta like...kill someone or something?" he finally crocks. I furrow my brows before slowly turning my head towards him. "No, I have to...fall in love..." I mumble, catching Ban's attention. He starts bursting out into laughter which confuses me the most, did I say something that was funny? Was he laughing at me? Mocking me in someway or another? I feel offended by his laughter that only got louder when I look at him bitterly. "What's so funny?" I ask enraged with his amusement. "That's it? How is that unbearable?" he snickers, my frustration builds up from his entertainment.  

Ban finally stops laughing, wiping a tear that fell from his cheek and in this moment I start to envy Ban. He's immortal, friendly, charming, so full of emotions other than gloom and misery, he's so full of life which is everything I'm not. I'm envious that he can shed tears of laughter. "I didn't say it was unbearable I said it's something I am not capable of doing. You're not the one who's ugly and emotionless here. You don't have a curse placed on you, do you?" I state in a  matter-of-fact tone. Ban shifts uncomfortably but that wasn't what catches my eye rather, "Duck." I mumble, ducking my head forward as Ban did the same. A kid throws a rock at both our heads but he missed due to my highly trained senses.