Chapter Three: "King!"

I take King's hand, he pulls me up to sit next to him as we go over the tavern and through the mountains. I'm so appreciative of this opportunity I just wish I can smile at the gorgeous view, we went right through clouds, the peacefulness drove me crazy. Everything about this is perfect, thanks to King.

"Thank you King, even though I don't look it I really am happy. Hell, this is the first time in so long. Almost as amazing as seeing that princess Elizabeth remembers me......will she die?" I mumble. King doesn't say anything but instead puts a hand over mine, and looks at me with the softest and sincerest expression I've ever seen in my life. "We'll figure it out, The Captain is doing everything he can to save her. We won't let her die. I promise." and with that, I completely believe him, there wasn't a bone in my body that does believe in King's words. He makes me want to believe which feels great. 

"I hope you can consider us friends, I'd really like to get to know you Y/n. You're very wise and interesting." King gets closer to me, our faces inches apart with his warm breath breezing over my features. I nod contently, the same grin spreading across our faces as we get closer. 

I noise breaks us out of our gaze, "King! Look out!" I shout, standing up and using my sword to deflect the on coming object that was close to hitting us both. "Full Counter!" I hit the object back making it break into millions of pieces from the impact. I put my sword back onto my back and casually sit back down next to King who looks a bit stunned. He starts to chuckle to himself, I smile too, it was kinda funny. Things like that normally wouldn't make me laugh or get a reaction out of me but with King, I want to laugh. 

When we fly over a crowd of people shouting, it caught both of our attention so we look down, King brought us right above the crowd of yelling. "Demons." I whisper. Jumping off his pillow and running in the opposite direction of the people, I run straight into the danger. I run faster than I thought I could, running fast than the speed of sound, pulling out my sword and holding it up in defense. 

I can faintly hear King shout after me, his voice is small from all the wind blowing in my face. Eventually, he catches up to me and yells at how reckless I'm being but I don't care in the moment. "Can you see from above, I'll handle ground level." I say dully completely ignoring his rants. King hesitantly obeys, flying higher to see what's going on. He finds me again to report back. I follow King, dodging branches and fallen trees to find the source of all the commotion, King stops in front of me causing me to bump into him. 

We look up at the demons, King offers to bring us back to the tavern because this is 'too dangerous' to handle with just the two of us but ignoring his demands again I run up and use my sword on the demons. Slaying them with my too demon powers and Full Counter, King uses his Spirit Spear Chastiefol Configurations when I need help.

--

I take a seat on a stool at the ba counter, my brother pouring us some ale. "What happened? I see you're getting real close to King, hopefully Diane won't get jealous." Meliodas teases. I make an annoyed expression at him and drink my ale. Trying to sooth my head ache, Meliodas only made it worse. "King and I are friends if you're implying anything more. He just took me on a little ride, then we slayed some stupid red and white demons." Meliodas chokes on his drink, coughing hysterically. "You what? That's dangerous! Are you hurt?" he shouts loud enough for the other customers in the tavern to hear. I hush him before he made a scene. "We were there so I just decided to take care of them. Don't worry, I only have a headache, so if you could stop yelling that'd be nice." I rumble. I rest my head down on the counter top, looking at Elizabeth wearing the tavern uniform.

"You like? I have one for you too." I look at my brother disgustedly, what a pervert. Poor Elizabeth had to put up with, although she doesn't look like she hates it or wants help, odd. Does she like my brother's perverted touch? I for one wouldn't be delighted to have Meliodas under my skirt or grabbing at my breasts. Strange.