Chapter 26

"time's up! please stay seated until all papers have been collected,"

Students began to swarm out of the classroom as the teacher finally took away the last paper at the far end, they were happy that exams were finally over. Shinrae left alongside with her friends. It was the holidays for them, till the results comes out in a few months. After that, graduations. The three decided to stop by downtown to grab something to eat. Hyejin was craving for spicy rice cakes, they let her take the lead.

-

"to be honest, can i just model?" Hyejin spoke as the two drifted their attentions to her.

"just a thought you know, the exams kinda suck. i need to think of something if things go the other way around," she continues, head laid low as she sighs. Shinrae and Sun Oh looked at eachother, they can't bare to see their friend like this. Sun Oh puts his arm over her shoulder as he comforted her.

"I'd say....go for it,"he says.

"really?" she responds, eyeing the two. Shinrae nodded and gave her smile.

"we believe in you!" she cheers while giving her two thumbs up. Hyejin felt at ease with the support of her two friends, thinking about it made her soft. She sat up and gave her friends a hug, putting her arms over towards the two.

"love you guys," she said.

"fuck! im being emotional," she sniffles as she began to tear up a bit. She lets go of her friends as she continues to eat her food, shoving three rice cakes in one go. The two friends stared at her with mouths agape.

"this helps me stop crying okay don't judge me," she said, making the others laugh. Sun Oh pats her back as they proceed to eat the food.

"eat slowly okay," he said as he chuckles.

"what about you guys? we might get separated after this you know, what's the next step for you two?" Hyejin spoke. Sun Oh and Shinrae exchanged looks before answering her question. Sun Oh explained that he'd be continuing his studies in University, if his grades let him do so.

"rae what about you?"

"i-"

"i might search for a job,"

".....it depends on my grades ofcourse,"

-

"see you guys around!" Shinrae said before she stepped foot out of the car. Sun Oh was driving and he insisted on taking the both of them home.

"just text me if y'all want to hang out again," she said.

"hell yeah we will!" Hyejin cheers in the passenger's seat.

"drive safe okay,"

"gotchu!" Sun Oh responded. She bid her goodbyes to her friends before stepping back as she watched them drove off, disappearing into the night. And with that, she finally turned around and stepped foot inside of the house.

"im home!" she yells out as she closed the door behind her. Putting her shoes away, she made her way further inside of the house only to be greeted by her little brother who was watching TV with Ms.Soo.

"oh honey how's the paper? did you eat dinner yet?" she asked.

"the paper was good mom, oh and yea i had rice cakes with Hyejin and Sun Oh," she explained. Ms.Soo was relieved by her daughter's response, giving her a small smile as she watched her head upstairs. Walking up the stairs, she went straight into her room. Tired, all she could think of right now get herself in bed and call it a day. She opened the door to her bedroom and threw her bag onto her desk.