Chapter 9

Six members sat down in a circle after practice. The youngest member kept an eye on their leader, he noticed how bothered he looks the moment he entered the dance studio. The group was currently preparing for their next comeback, The First, without Jaemin. It has been weeks since the news brought out to the world about and still no words from the staff, who are still out there continuing their search.

"i wonder what he's doing right now," Chenle pointed out making everyone turned to him.

The past week was nothing but chaos after all. It was hard for them to do the promoting not as a whole. They can't even contact him, as he left his phone in the dorms. As days passed, the more worried they get.

"what if he's not in Seoul?" Chenle questions as he looked around at the others.

They agreed to his point, he could've gone further as its been awhile. Their thoughts got interrupted by the sound of the door creaking open to reveal three male individuals.

lucas, jungwoo and kun.

smrookies.

They will finally be debuting by early 2018, joining nct. The dreamies stood up and greeted their hyungs as they bow. All of them sat down, same position as before just having a little chat. The conversation went down from typical 'how's practice' to a Jaemin theory investigation. They were extremely worried that's all, wanted to do something about it. To think like him, thinking of the possibilities, even minor ones.

Jungwoo approached the group from a far. He left a few minutes to pick up a call, he had an unsatisfied facial expression making the boys turn to him.

"is everything alright?" kun asked as he laid a hand on his shoulder looking at him.

" my granddad is sick again, the pills doesn't seem to put up an effect anymore so i have to return to my hometown this weekend," he explains with a sigh.

"where is your hometown?"

"Chuncheon"

-

As days turned to weeks, Jaemin has finally settled in. Thankfully, everything has finally going well with him. His health has been taken cared of as well, as Uncle Jin brought him to a local private clinic, only to attend physical therapy on a Sundays. Rest is whats important of course but he chose still help out with the house work, that's the least he could do. He finally felt at ease, nothing to hide. 

He was happy.

-

Shinrae was still trying to get over with her recent break up with Seok In. All she did was to make herself busy, finding a hobby and just focus on school. The procedure was pretty effective to her, she was slowly becoming herself once again; the open, energetic and humorous Shinrae.

Until this happened. 

She went off her bus and started to walk home. It was a Friday night, all she could think of was to just stay in bed and chill with netflix after one whole week of non stop surprise quizzes and mid term tests. She made a turn just walking slowly to take up some of the fresh air, the house was just five houses away so she took her little time to chill.

Just then, a hand grabs a hold onto her arm and dragged her away to an alleyway. Shinrae was shocked by the sudden action and made eye contact to the person. 

Seok In.

He stood right infront of her with his head laying low. Shinrae stood there, flustered. She was waiting for him to say something till he stepped forward making her step back immediately, her back making contact towards the brick wall.