Chapter 16

Days passed felt like seconds, two weeks to be exact. It was biology class for Shinrae, as the pair had just finished their presentation. The two were given very good feedbacks from their teachers, making them satisfied. They sat next to eachother with a big smile on their faces.

The bell rang indicating that school has finally came to an end for the day. The students hurriedly packed up their stuff and stormed out of the classroom, can't wait to get out of this place and enjoy each others weekend.

"hey shinrae," Sun Oh called out as Shinrae looked up at her friend while packing up her stuff.

"yeah?"

"you free this Sunday? We should hang out," he said with a smile. She bit her lip in hesitation as she huffed.

"hey i don't know how i should put this out but i do like you, as a friend not as a boy, man. you get what i mean," she said with a weird look on her face making him laugh. Shinrae stood up straight, she wasn't expecting that kind of reaction from him.

"boi i know that, with hyejin i mean," he said.

"okay now that was embarrassing," she cussed to herself looking down on her feet as she nervously laughed.

"so you down?" her head jolted back up with a nod.

"hell yeah! let's do that!" she cheered. The two laughed at eachother as they left the classroom. They met Hyejin by the entrance of the school waiting for the two with her arms crossed. She turned as she finally saw her two friends heading towards her.

"boi what took you guys so long?" she whines loudly as she wrapped her arms around her friends.

"i got rejected," Sun Oh spoke in confidence giving a fake frown to Shinrae. Her eyes widen as she turns to Sun Oh as Hyejin began to look up at her.

"you're so cruel Rae," Hyejin remarks as Shinrae scoffs, in shock to see her own best friend siding with Sun Oh.

"jokes, i know about the hang out so see y'all this weekend!" Hyejin said, skipping her way towards the bus stop as the three noticed the bus coming their way. Shinrae bid her goodbyes to Sun Oh before going after Hyejin towards the bus.

"see you this weekend!" she yells before entering. Sun Oh shouted out "see you!" as he waved back to his friends who were now seated in the bus, he stood there as he watched the bus drive away before walking the other way, straight home.

-

Shinrae finally made her way back home as she opened the front door and shut it behind her. She greeted her parents who were now in the kitchen with Jae playing outside with Jaemin in the backyard. She went straight up to her room, grunted as she put down her bag on her desk and jumped into bed. She stretched out her arms, letting out a huge sigh, happy to be back in her natural habitat.

The sound of the door knocking caught her attention, as she eyed the door to see who it was. The door creaked open to see Jaemin entering her room making her smile. She opened her arms up to him, telling him to come over. He can't help but to smile as he too made his way towards her bed.

"come here," she said as he crouched down, she pulled him into her embrace as he was now laid next to her with her arms around his waist as she buried her head into his chest. Jaemin looked down at her, to see her eyes closed shut in his arms.

"how was school?" he questioned.

"tiring," she said in response. He chuckled as he looked at her as her eyes made contact with his.

"clean up, let's eat," he said as he sat up on her bed making her whine. Jaemin grabbed a hold of her arms as he pulled her up, she gave him a dead eye as she frowns.

"come on! I'll see you down stairs okay," he said, finally back up on his feet. He went down to give her a quick peck on the lips before leaving her room. Shinrae sat there flustered as her face slowly turns red.

"ah stop it," she said as slapped herself in the face. She finally stood up from her bed and made her way into the bathroom.

-

"oh i almost forgot, how is your therapy coming along Jaemin?" Uncle Jin spoke. The family was now seated in the dining table as they all were now eating dinner. Jaemin looked and turned to Uncle Jin,

"oh yes, ive been given the medication,"

"-ive also been given an advice to avoid a lot of bending for now, the doctor said i was lucky enough to come to him this early as my condition is still mild. But yes there is a high chance that it can heal overtime," he explained.

"once again I'd like to thank you so much for everything Uncle Jin. I will for sure repay you in the future, all of you," He said

"its okay son, you're already like family to us all," Uncle Jin responds.

Jaemin turned and bowed down with a smile on his face as he looked at him then to Shinrae. She was also very relieved to hear that his condition was improving but a part of her also felt a little sad.

She almost forgot who Jaemin really is. A runaway kpop idol living in her home for a good 4 months now. She looked down as she silently finishes her food. She knew that someday he has to return, to his career, to his friends and to his family. No matter how much she wanted him to stay, he needs to return. The only thing that may be in the way right now would be his condition, once he's cured, she knew what she had to do.

-

It was currently 10.30 in the evening as Shinrae was now laying in her bed trying to fall asleep. Tossing and turning, she was unable to doze off. She sat up to look at the time, she knew her parents would already be fast asleep right now so she slowly made her way towards her bedroom door. She turned the knob slowly as she left her room, tiptoed towards the room at the end of the hall.

She quietly opens the door as she made her way inside, closing the door shut. She came forward to see him fast asleep in bed. She got herself in the bed making Jaemin turn, now face to face with her. He fluttered his eyes open with a smile.

"what are you doing here?" he said in his tired voice.

"i can't sleep," she said to him.

"come here," he spoke as he pulled her into his chest as she froze. She looked up just to see him going back to sleep. She moved up to face him as she stared at his face. She studied his facial features, he looks so soft. Her hand played with his hair then moved down to his cheek as she caressed it with a smile.

"you're so stupid you know that right?"

"-for running away,"

"but if you didn't, i wouldn't get meet such a softball like you,"

"good night, na jaemin," she said as went to kiss his forehead before slowly drifting herself to sleep.