Chapter 6

Ethan's POV

(Ethan is the rogue if you didn't know already)

____________

I pace the jail cell restlessly. They'll want to kill me tomorrow probably. But my mate lives here. I guess she is the only one who can save me now.

I rattle the doors and the blonde haired girl from earlier comes slinking up the other side. She is very beautiful and striking. Her piercing blue eyes burn at me through the night.

"What?" she barks.

"Oh nothing" I smirk.

"What?" she says again, clearly bothered by my offhandedness.

"Why you working so late?" I ask.

She sighs. "Because I have to. What's your name?" she looks at me with her huge eyes.

"Ethan Avant"

"I'm Talia" she says.

"Can you let me out?" I ask.

She giggles. "Why would I do that, Ethan Avant?"

I smile. "I've got a few very good reasons why you should."

She smirks at me and swings the keys round and round on her finger.

"No" she says, and walks off.

Great, I think and lean against the back of my cell.

***

Atlanta's POV

(It's the next day and she has just woken up)

I wake with a start and scramble out of bed. I didn't have the dream for once, but maybe that's the effect of having my mate beside me. I turn my head and watch his eyes flutter open.

"Morning" I say.

"Morning" he smiles and gets out of bed. I follow him.

We go downstairs together and have breakfast. It's the first proper meal I've had in ages. I eat the whole thing ravenously and don't leave a crumb.

"That was so delicious!" I exclaim and lick my lips. I want more.

He laughs, "I'm glad you liked it so much!

To be honest, I want to pick the plate up and lick it.

I watch Alec though, as his face grows more serious and he opens his mouth to speak.

"About last night" he says.

"I've already told you" I interupt, "you're my mate and I don't even know him, as I keep telling you millions of times."

He smiles, "I've got to go and see him today."

"Can I come?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Sorry Atlanta, but for reasons I think you are probably aware of, I think it is better if you stay here."

"Please" I beg.

"No Atlanta" Alec is starting to sound desperate, "please stay here. "

I stand up to leave. The conversation no longer interests me.

"Atlanta, please"

I'm not even listening anymore. I go upstairs to our room and go and sit on the balcony. The sun streams onto my face and I fan myself with one hand. I can hear my instincts calling again. Why do I want to meet my other mate so badly? I ask myself.

"He's your other mate, that's why"

Alec is standing behind me, a sad expression on his face. He clearly read my mind when I wasn't thinking of blocking him out.

"Alec" I say.

He leaves.

Ethan's POV

They're coming for me now, I can tell. I see shadows creep along the wall and the gaurds stand up a little straighter. Nobody dares move or make a sound. I decide to change the mood by humming to myself. Immediately the blonde girl who I talked with last night comes up to my cell and hushes me. A man I also recognise joins her. The Alpha.

"Hello" I grin, "where's my mate."

"My mate" the Alpha corrects, "she won't be joining us today, I don't won't her getting attached to a rogue."

"Fine" I say and wander over to the back of my cell.

Suddenly though a familiar figure comes and stands next to Alec and I race back to the front of the cell, a huge smile on my face. She came. My mate.