Chapter 20

Atlanta's POV

I didn't sleep too bad last night. Not bad at all. No, in fact, I didn't get any nightmares. I didn't even dream. Well, okay, I did, about the future Ethan and I would have.

I couldn't wait to start a new life with my mate.

Problem was, I knew I would have to reject Alec first.

I get up and stretch as Ethan is still asleep. I have a quick look in my bag and change into some high waisted shorts and a tank top since it's so warm. I also put my hair in a plait.

I pack all our things away and make us a simple breakfast. It was still relatively early and i didm;t want to disturb Ethan so I busied myself with other things.

Then I began thinking about children. I felt guilty at first for thinking this, since it was so soon since Talia had died trying to save me and she couldn't have children, but I knew that Talia would want Ethan and I to be happy.

Ethan stirred soon and we ate breakfast in silence. Then we set off.

***

Eventually, we reached a nearby village where we were greater by two elderly wolves who said we were welcome to stay here as long as we wanted. There was plenty of space for everyone.

As son as we stepped through the gates with the stone wall surrounding it, I knew this was where I wanted my children to grow up. Each house was painted a different colour, from pastel shades of blue and pink, to vibrant yellows and oranges. In the centre of the village was a town square and there were little shops where you could buy everything you needed. I loved it.

Ethan and I chose a small cottage that was painted aqua blue. The floors were made of wood and the rooms were large and spacious with walls painted white and oak furniture. In total, there were eight rooms. A huge open spaced kitchen diner, a living room, two bathrooms and four upstairs bedrooms. It was perfect. I couldn't wait to settle into our new life here.