Chapter Two

[Sasuke]

[Sasuke]

I stare at Naruto's hands. Did I see that correctly? There's no way I did. The hands of the man in front of me. Did not, just form into legible signs, for me, to understand.

"Sorry, I'm a little rusty." He says and shakes out his hands.

"Okay." He claps his hands and puts them in front of him looking down at them, he begins signing more carefully, his eyebrows shifting as he forms each sign, making sure he's correct.

[Do you understand sign language? Or do I just look like an idiot right now?] He signs with his brows raised, his eyes squinted at me, scanning me for a reaction.

I hesitantly raise my hands and begin to sign.

[Are you the student Iruka was talking about?] I sign back, my hands frozen in place.

"Yeah probably," he says out loud. "Oh shit sorry."

[Yeah, I'm the only one I know who can sign. Well fluently.]

My mouth is hanging wide open. I can understand him perfectly. My family doesn't sign to me, I'm surprised they bothered to even learn sign language. But for Naruto of all people to know sign language fluently. I'm speechless.

I don't mean to sound rude but he doesn't seem like the type to know sign language.

He clears his throat and wears an awkward smile.

[Is it that surprising?] He asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

I slowly nod and close my mouth.

Then Naruto's brows pull together and he glares at me. "Wait how'd you, shit."

[How did you understand me if you're deaf.] He signs quickly, I divert my eyes from him and look around the room for an excuse.

Got it. I point to my lips then sign [Your lips.]

"Oh!" He exclaims. "That makes sense." He pauses, then he squints at me again. "Wait no because you didn't look at me for most of the time I talked to you. I think anyway, I can't really see your face too well."

[I was looking at your lips.] I sign again. He seems like a dumb ass even though he's trying his best to piece this together.

He huffs and slides down in his seat.

[I don't believe you.] He signs.

I'm going to have to get used to this switching. I never have people sign to me so I'm out of practice when it comes to reading it. It's usually me signing to someone so this will be an adjustment since it takes me a little bit to read his signs. His hand movements for transitioning between signs are a little sloppy but the signs themselves are perfect so it makes up for it.

"Ahh oh well." He slaps his hands on his knees and sits back up.

He thinks for a second then begins to sign.