Chapter 2

I drove all day, passing a few towns but not stopping. It's six p.m. now so when I see a sign of a hotel nearby I make the turn. I park my bike before paying for a room and immediately take a shower and pretty myself up a little. Tomorrow I'll arrive in Lafayette where I'll spend my birthday quietly with father Gabriel. Tonight I want to party.

Dressed in a loose high waist leather skirt, a white crop top with a black leather jacket over it, knee high socks and my favorite black leather biker boots I enter the club. I go the direction of the bar and perch myself on a vacant bar stool. "Bourbon, please." I drain it at once and order a refill. This time I take a sip and turn around so I have a good look at the rest of the club. It's packed. People are crammed so tightly together. Some are almost having sex right there on the dancefloor. "Can I get you a drink?" I look next to me at the man who spoke to me and let my eyes travel him head to toe. Lean muscular body. Chocolate brown eyes and brown hair. He has a lazy smile on his face. He's not bad looking and his smile says he knows it. I gulp the rest of my bourbon down before putting the glass back on the bar. "A pretty girl like you shouldn't have to sit alone."

"If I was with someone you probably would not have come over." I tell him.

"Maybe. Who knows. You want to dance?" I answer by standing and taking his hand in mine. He leads me to the dancefloor and for a while I enjoy dancing with him. For a while I enjoy being free. Free of everything. There are no supernaturals. No fighting. No death. No weird things happening. Just two warm bodies rubbing against each other under the flashing lights, lost in the music. I don't feel the alcohol yet. My body has a high tolerance. I have to drink insanely much to feel it a little bit. It's maddening sometimes because sometimes you just want to get wasted and forget. The music and the warm body against me does that now. Though it doesn't last.

Still dancing, my spidey sense starts to tingle. Only it's not quite the same, in fact it's very much different then usual. It feels warmer. Good and bad at the same time, if that makes sense. It feels as if I'm getting high. I open my eyes which where closed and scan the crowd. Trying to see everyone their aura's.

I stop my gaze on a dark figure standing on the other side of the club at the wall. His aura is strange and confuses me. It's not a human but he's no monster either. It's almost like a demon's aura but so much more different. I've never seen or felt anything like it. I have no idea what he could be. Black jeans. Black shirt with the sleeves rolled up and I can see tattoo's on his arms. Jet black hair like mine. A five o clock shadow and he looks extremely good build. I think I see tattoo's on his neck too. The way he's looking at me is unnerving. Like he's studying me as much as I am him. The urge to have him takes over my senses. It's crazy, actually. It feels like my need to kill taking over, only I don't want to kill him. I want to do very naughty things with him instead.

Without taking my eyes off of him I tell the guy who's grinding against my ass I need a break and head to the restrooms. Not a minute later he enters and closes the door behind him. It's a small and very bright place so now I can see he has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. Emerald green. They seem to sparkle, they're so mesmerizing. He takes two steps and is in front of me. The way he's looking at me feels like he's looking at my soul. "What are you?" He whispers so still I almost don't hear him, but I do. Supernatural hearing and all that. He seems transfixed on me, as if he can't figure me out. "What are you?" I ask instead of answering. Not that I could because I have no clue to what I am.

His eyes drop to my lips before cupping my cheek in his big hand. His touch is soft. Asking, almost. But then his hand roughly goes to the back of my neck and smashes my lips against his. His kiss is hard en brutal, but so is mine. He licks my bottom lip and I open for him. His tongue duels with mine as he brings my body flush against his. I put my hands in his hair, take his hair in my hands and push him closer to me.