Chapter one:

Hi, I'm Courtney.Courtney Whistler. I lived with my mum, dad, and brother Braden on a small estate named Apple estate. We didn't fit in with the local area being horse owners in a mainly generic farmhouse town. Cows, chickens, pigs, sheep you name them we didn't have them. We had our horses, our joy, and our love. The animals that feel your sadness and your happiness.The soul of our lives. We lived far out from any clinics or farriers and no shows were held within ten miles. These factors made us realize weren't happy where we were. So with that in mind, we packed up and headed back to my birth town, West Veronica. This is where I grew up, where I learned how to ride and care for the horses. We originally left due to feeling too small for 120 acres of land. From what I can remember, the fields were lush and green and I can recall laying in the grass looking up at the stars whilst my brother taught me about star signs. I'm not much If a sucker for Astrology but those nights are the kind that stay with you no matter where you go. One specific night that I remember was when I was saying my final goodbyes to my home. I couldn't see any stars because of my tears welling up in my eyes. I was always considered a happy child but when I'm sad you can just tell I'm not that happy, go-lucky Courtney everyone sees me as. Hey, why am I dwelling on the past when I'm about to visit it again in the future I'm ready for more beautiful nights under the West Victoria stars. Perhaps I will meet the heart horse of my dreams. Everyone says there is a special horse for every rider. I'm Seventeen and still haven't found them. When I do I'm sure I'll know it. I will do everything I can to protect them and to make our bond grow.