ghosts?

a/n- this is my first story so please be nice about it, feel free to leave any ideas in the comments for future parts, enjoy!

Molina Household-2020

(y/n pov)

it was a normal day, i had got home from school and had started studying in the kitchen with julie, your dad had come down and wanted to talk to you both about something

"oh good, you both are home!" he said rushing down the stairs "i was about to go watch your brother's game, I've had photo shoots all day. didn't even get a chance to eat" he rambled on about his day as me and Julie gave him a looked when he said he hadn't got a chance to eat..

"but.. i got a call today.." dad said, julie looked down and sighed

"figured as much" she replied seeing as earlier she got kicked out the music program

"well, it was my realtor friend" he replied causing julie to relax 

"oh that" i said trying to sound happy seeing i never really wanted to move but aunt tia said it would help us move on with our mom's death so i went along with it seeing as everyone else seemed like it was a good idea

"yeah and she says that if we are serious about selling the house, then she wants me to take some pictures for the website" he replied "which means we have to do a lot of cleaning and get rid of some stuff"

"yeah okay sounds cool with me" i smiled

"okay, i dont mind that" julie said after me

"and maybe you two can.. tackle mom's studio?" there was a slight pause of silence after dad had said that.. julie hadn't sang or wrote in a year yet alone take one step in the studio.. me on the other hand had used music as an escape, i played bass, rhythmic guitar, sang and wrote still, to be honest you'd never see me without my earphones or hear music coming from my room.

"yous are the experts. y..you know, your brother and i wouldn't even know where to begin.." i heard dad say after snapping me out of my thoughts and back into reality 

julie wasn't found of the idea but i didn't mind it seeing as i went in there when i needed peace or had ideas and wanted somewhere private to write, although i had never actually looked through stuff in there.. i never wanted to touch anything in fear of breaking it so i just left everything alone except the instruments that belonged to me..

"its okay honey, if you're not ready, i-" that being directed at julie "no.. its alright" she replied, i was surprised aswell as dad

"maybe we can try tonight?" i asled julie seeing it would be the first time me and julie would actually spend time together doing something that wasn't studying since mom died..

"yeah?" dad said quite happily, it was nice to see dad with a genuine smile on his face "awesome mija. thank you both.. oh and don't forget the loft, you know those old instruments that were there when we moved in? they need a new home" he said bouncing out his seat, he was happy it made me chuckle a bit. 

"mom would like that" i said with a smile looking to Julie then back at dad "yeah she would" Julie replied with a soft smile

"oh god i'm gonnna be late." dad said searching for his keys, feeling around his pockets, me and Julie sighed

"under the mail" we had said at the same time giggling, he snapped his finger "life savers" he replied in a rush 

-Time skip to a few hours later-

me and julie had decided to start cleaning mom's studio seeing as we were done studying and said to dad that we would try. 

walking up to the doors, julie looked nervous.. "hey its okay" i said reassuring her, she replied with a weak smile before going to open the doors. we walked in, i always felt comfort in there for some reason, i walked over switched the lights on

Julie walked over to piano and pulled the cover off of it running her hand across the smooth surface.. i hadn't touched the piano seeing as i wasn't that good and preferred other stuff i played and knowing it was julie's thing, it was a shame she didn't play anymore she was so good but its her choice, i walked over to the stairs of the loft. i slowly walked up the stairs seeing as  this was my first time actually going to this part of the studio. it was quite messy up there, it was filled with storage boxes and the old instruments dad was talking about earlier from when we moved in, as i looked around a CD that was lying on the floor caught my eye 'Sunset Curve' it had in black & white on the front.. i took it down the stairs to the CD player placing it in.

"what's that?" julie questioned watching me as i put it in the slot "an old CD i found in the loft" i replied pressing the play button and going to sit on the the black couch with julie joining me. the music that started playing was good, it was rock and i saw Julie slowly pop her head.. me and julie used to always listened to with mom in the car.. i missed her a lot, we all did, more and more memories of us flooded my mind, like ones of use in this studio learning instruments & writing music with her or when we would go to the beach and get ice cream fro-   my thoughts were quickly interupted by the sound of guys screaming, it got louder and louder causing me and julie to cover out ears 'what was happening?'.. suddenly 3 guys popped infront of us.

they groan as starting to stand up out of breath "how did we get back here?" the one in the middle, who has scruffy hair, says. i stand still frozen in shock, julie lets a high pitched scream and then the 3 guys join in jumping into each other.. soon enough julie runs out the room still screaming, im with them alone as im still frozen but coming back tomy senses i bolt after to julie. i see julie talking to dad just oustide the front of the porch.

"DAD!" we yell in unison out of breath from running

"whoa! slow down. you look like you've seen a ghost." he said chuckling in a slightly concerning tone

"i have!" julie replies clearly not thinking straight "cool" carlos says with a smirk on his face 

"not cool!" she replies running into the house "runnn!" she shouts before opening the door. i look at dad forcing a smile on my pale face before jogging indoors up the stairs into julies room, i see her kneeling behind her bean bag typing something on her phone and muttering to herself.. we heard a knock at the door causing us to quickly turn around, it was just dad he asked us what was wrong but out of fright i wouldn't allow myself to speak.. zoning out re-thinking what just happened. realising dad had left i looked at julie she graps a cross of hear wall signalling me to come back to the studio with her, i nod slowly following behind.

we walk into the studio (julie holding the cross up) looking around trying to find them.. 

"are you still hear.. whatever you are" julie says calling out to them "i know i saw something. we're not crazy" i say to julie letting out a sigh 

"well, we're all a little crazy" we hear from behind us, turning around to see the trio again causing julie to start screaming again "oh my god! please stop screaming!" the blone one say as julie quickly shuts her mouth

"w.. who are you, and what are you doing in our mom's studio?!" i say actually forming a sentence with my stuttered words "your mom's studio? this is our  studio. trust me! my.. the grand piano is new, and.. and.. and" he says sliding along the piano to dodge julie from hitting him with the cross "my couch!" he yells flopping on the the leather sofa giggling. "but that is definitely not my six-string." he says looking around confused "can you give me just one second? just.. give me a second. thank you" as he forms a hundle with the other two guys, they whisper as me and julie look at eachother confused as to whats going on and what they are muttering to eachother.. looking back i find myself looking the one with dark, brown hair in a leather jacket..

they form back into a kinda line and the blonde one in a pink hood walks over to us "why are you in our studio?" he shouts but slowly, julie sticks the cross out making it go right through him. "oh my gosh! how did you do that?" she questions looking from the cross back to him 

1535 words <3