Chapter 36 : Cognizance

Taehyung's hands gripped on the chopsticks he was holding, when Jimin told him about really happened that night.

The two friends were in a local restaurant, the right next moment after Taehyung broke down.

The blue haired male looked up at his best friend, with disbelieved expression, to which Jimin looked down.

"Anyway, let's not talk about that further, yeah?"

"But Jimin, this isn't fine! I swear I'll kill that bastard—"

"Tae, please," he said, sighing, "You can kill him if you want, but can we at least change the topic?" He asked in a low voice, hoping that Taehyung would understand that he wasn't comfortable.

Jimin started to nibble his fingers together, digging his nails harshly into his skin, in the verge of getting an attack. Taehyung noticed that, before cursing to himself for not being careful before taking his hand in his, softly rubbing.

"Okay, I understand," he whispered delicately looking at the elder, who gave a relieved smile in returned.

"Thank you."

Taehyung smiled back, giving a sign of reassurance to his best friend that it was going to fine. It was as if no words were needed to be exchanged between them, they could read each other just by looking into their eyes.

"Taehyung...," he started, wanting to ask something, but at the same time not wanting to.

"Yeah?"

"How's... uh, How's Hoseok hyung?" He asked, with a nervous expression, his voice coming smaller than usual.

Taehyung looked down at that question, genuinely not knowing how to answer it. He didn't wanna sugarcoat things, but at the same, he didn't want to be blunt either.

"You see, Jiminie," he started, looking a bit anxious, "He could be better," he said simply.

Jimin nodded, before stirring his milkshake with his straw slightly, looking down on it. After minutes of silence, he lifted his head back up suddenly, looking at the other.

"You think I should talk to him?"

"It's---"

"Hear me out, please," Jimin cut him off immediately, "It's true that I was hurt and acted impulsively by hurting him badly... But am I going too far? You think I should forgive him?"

"What do you think, Jiminie?" Taehyung asked, instead of answering it directly.

"At that time, that too right after that night, and drugging me continuously, I wasn't in... the right mind, I guess. But then I saw Hoseok hyung there, and I just wanted to him to take me away from there."

Taehyung nodded.

"I thought he came for that, actually. But he didn't even look at me, and---and the other people who were going to sold, looked at me... so pitifully. For hoping," he said, sighing, "And it was... really not bearable. I was hurt that he didn't even acknowledge me, and he was talking with that... with that asshole like it was nothing, and I was angry, hurt more than angry."

Taehyung nodded again, motioning him to complete fully.

"But then I escaped, and Hosoek hyung was there... and I couldn't control myself," he said, "You know---"

"I know your anger, of course, Jimin," the younger said, shaking his head.

"Yeah," Jimin said, looking down again.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you this... but the reason he went there was to look over you," Taehyung said.

"Huh?"