10

Sana opens her eyes to the sun's rays falling over her face. She takes a minute to register where she is. Rubbing her eyes, she looks around to find herself in bedroom of the apartment in Paris. She then realises that she is inside the covers without a stitch of cloth on her body. "What the hell! F***." Her eyes fall on the clothes she had worn the previous day, neatly folded and placed on the chair and her boots near it. Rubbing her temples, she tries to remember what had happened. She pulls the sheet around her and slowly tip toes to the washroom.

She stares at her reflection in the mirror. There is evidence of what had happened in the night on her body. She splashes water over her face and that helps in bringing back the memories of the previous day. Everything from her drinking alcohol at the art gallery to confessing her love for him, trip to the Eiffel tower and their kiss, has become clear now. She remembers the conversation she had with him.

"Will you fulfil my dreams?"

"No Sana. this is not right. You go to sleep. You are drunk."

"I know what I am doing. Don't break my dream tonight. Let me be loved. Please bebu. Love me."

"Sana! Sana!", Rishab knocks at the door of the bedroom before turning the door knob to enter. The room is empty, he looks around before moving towards the bathroom. He calls her name and knocks at the door waiting for her reply. But when he finds no response, he opens the door to find it empty too.

Where is Sana? She was sleeping when I had left. But now she has disappeared. Is she upset because of last night? Does she think I took her advantage?

Sana sits in one of the benches in a huge church, a few blocks away from the apartment. Her eyes closed, her hands folded, as she prays to The Almighty to give her strength and clarity. Lost in the prayers, she feels a touch on her shoulder. She opens her eyes to find the kindest and the most concerned face she had even seen, staring at her. "Why?", he asks. She wants to search for something in his face. Remorse? Pity? But there was nothing as such. All she could see was worry for her.

"Why? Why Sana? Tell me?", he asks me.

"How did you find me here?", she asks. "I have people who keep a watch on you all the time. They told me. Happy?", was his reply. A soft smile appears on her face. He grabs her wrist and takes her towards the huge doors of the church.

Rishab is quiet, standing beside chair near the fireplace with discomposure. Sana comes closer and puts her palm on his cheek but stays silent. He stares into her eyes,"Why did you leave like this? Without telling me, why did you disappear like that? Are you upset with what happened between us? Do you feel I crossed my limits?" "No..I feel guilty.. I feel embarrassed. I wanted to think clearly so I went out..", she says.

"Guilty? Embarrassed? But why? I.. really don't get it.", he asks with an apprehensive face. "I..I. made you..",her voice trails off. Rishab lifts her face, " Do you love me?" She stares in his deep black eyes. "Don't remain silent. Answer me. Do you love me or not?" "I LOVE YOU.. yes I do.. I love you.. but", she says as tears start fighting to find a way out.

"Sana if you love me then there is no place for such words.", he says holding her arms. "You don't love me. I am just a friend for you. But..", she couldn't complete her sentence. "Why can't you see what I feel for you? You are more than a friend for me. I love you baby. I love you so much.", he says as he pulls her into his arms. The barriers holding the floods of emotions, break and tears roll out of those two big almond shaped eyes, drenching his shirt.

He pulls her tightly against his chest, feeling her body heat over his skin. His fingers doing circles over her shirt's fabric at her back. She puts her arms around his neck and he turns to press her against the wall. He slowly kisses her cheeks and then her earlobes. She smiles at her as he pulls her closer, holding her face. Her mouth parts and meets his lips. Tongues meet and a soft moan escapes her. His hands are caressing her back and moving slowly over her belly. She breaks into goosebumps. He trails his fingers over the swelling of her breast from over the fabric of her shirt. Tiny shocks pass through her body as she closes her eyes.