Chapter 8. | Vows

May 4, 2017

Finished. He can't say that he poured his whole heart into it, but he can say that he's proud. Harry stretched his limbs in his chair. Staring at the words on his screen, he promises himself that he'll edit it tomorrow. He shuts his laptop off, the draft of his vows go black. For now he'll settle into bed.

Sleep is something new to relish for Harry. His back sinks deeper into the king bed he has to himself. He can spread out freely in it now. As he lies in the middle he thinks about how warm it is with just him alone and how cold it used to be with Kendall to his right. He sighs. The amount of times he's compared his single life to his married life was hundreds. It was apparent that he was so much happier.

A lot has changed so far. He's chattier at work which surprised his colleagues, except Sam maybe. They've grown past small talk and it was safe to say they were becoming a good pair of friends. Harry visits Zayn's work often and Niall has long past warmed up to him. All the workers at the tattoo parlor greet Harry now.

And then in his schedule, no matter how busy either of them are, there's time together. Whether it's a date, a call, a kiss, or a hookup... Ohh yes the most lovely part of the day, very early coffee talks before work, late dinners after work, or quickies in the parking lot when they carpooled together.

"What? The coast was clear." Gemma's head almost exploded over the phone.

"What kind of son has mum raised..."

Whenever he spoke with his sister he thought about the rest of his family, especially his mother. And then the guilt would kick in. He left home after high school. Not just to a new city but a new country, only to get hitched to a woman he hardly knew. And then had the nerve to not invite his own family.

To make things worse he was inviting his mother to a vow renewal. A fake one.

I want to get married. Harry thought. I'll have a real wedding. I'll invite everyone I love this time. No models, upcoming celebrities, or self righteous twats with all the money in the world to wipe their silicone arses with. I'll surround myself with people who are real. I'll marry someone who's real and be completely unafraid. I'll have someone to be mine and for me to be theirs- as soon as we get married we'll move away from here.

Harry's eyes closed in the middle of his thoughts. The rest of his dreams were mostly fairytale substance, being half asleep all he could think of were happy thoughts. But he did vow one thing though, because he meant it. He vowed to marry someone he loved in the future.