Chapter 2. | Newly

The first night

Harry lost himself a long time ago.
His real self lives.. or died in his youth of high school or beginning of college. It was so different back then, easy too. No labels, just freedom and fun with, of course, mischief. Oh and lots and lots of flirting. He couldn't help it.

Now he finds himself working overtime in an office. Which isn't so bad with his kind coworkers. He actually doesn't work for the money, more so to keep himself from going home...

His marriage? Harry didn't want to think about it. It was like riding a bicycle. Only he'd be blindly pedaling and nearly crashing or swerving, trying to block out any regrets or problems. Just riding so he won't break down and fall. He needed to be sane and present for his wife. Currently he was sitting in his car prepping himself to greet her. Her mood was oh so unpredictable. He climbed out of his vehicle, grabbing his messenger bag and mobile. Reaching the front steps, a notification bings from his phone. It was his kendall telling him she wasn't coming home.

 It was his kendall telling him she wasn't coming home

Right! She was out with her girlfriends. He typed up a response.

Hmm. What would he do tonight? Just then a soft purr came from the bushes next to the entry. A small tabby kitten made its way to curl around Harry's leg. He bent down with his free hand to scratch the back of its head.

"Back again? You're lucky the Mrs. isn't here." He spoke.

Ping! Another text.

Jesus! It's like she's watching him

Jesus! It's like she's watching him. Harry looks behind him out of paranoia. They owned a house big enough for twelve people yet she didn't allow one tiny kitten. He sighed.
"She's not here c'mon." He nodded at the cat to follow as he unlocked the door and walked in.

Tonight he planned on winding down and taking his mind off work or any other troubles. He made his way into the kitchen, seating the cat gently on the counter. Once he finished pouring milk into a bowl he clinked his wine glass against it. "Cheers." With that him and the cat drink away.

So it's come to this- a lonely Friday night. He thought to himself. Technically I do have a friend with me. He shrugged whilst petting his company. I know exactly who I want to be with tonight though.